Vintage Mustang Forums banner

Valve Cover Identification

787 Views 8 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  Woodchuck
Anybody know what these vintage valve covers are? They came on a 289 I bought many years ago. Are they anything special, or trash can filler? What might they be worth?
<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by Jim on 03/28/01 11:53 AM (server time).</FONT></P>
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Are they aluminum? I think that they look kinda cool. Those would look pretty neat on a motor.

Member: Slightly Modified
66 coupe 302
66 fastback 351W
Yeah, they're aluminum. I bead blasted them just before taking the picture. They were originally polished.
If you don't like them and want to get rid of them, send me an email. I think that they'd look good on my little 302.

Member: Slightly Modified
66 coupe 302
66 fastback 351W
Do they have any kind of name or marking on the underside of the cover?

See my 69 convertible and the VMF parking lot at:
No markings of any kind.
I think they would look great painted to match the car's body color. That would be alot easier than polishing them anyway.


'65 Convertible (with many mods.)
See your post "Nothing Like The VMF" for an answer.

66 Fastback
85 GT Hatchback
67 Coupe
82 GT Hatchback
I think these would look real cool if you laid down a corporate blue background in the oval behind the horse and shot them with clear.

'66 A-code Fastback (therapy)
'89 Town Car (SWMBO D'driver)
'87 Caprice (as req'd by Hagerty)
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.