Vintage Mustang Forums banner

Valve Covers...

630 Views 5 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  bluefinger
Why do some 66s have chrome valve covers, some blue valve covers and still others have "cobra" on the valve covers? What are the differences?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Typically the chrome and blue covers are stamped steel while the COBRA are cast aluminum.
The painted covers are for standard 289's. GTs had the chrome covers, and the Cobra covers were dealer options.
As your question has been answered, I just wanted to take this opportunity to welcome you to the forum...

Great pool of knowledge and experience here and I hope you'll tap it while working on your Pony...

Enjoy your stay!
Actually, all V-8's had stamped steel, blue painted valve covers from the factory, except the "K" code hi-po, which had chrome plated stamped steel covers. As previously stated, the finned "COBRA" covers were "over-the-counter" Ford dealer accessories.
I stand corrected/reminded /forums/images/icons/smile.gif
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.