Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two what some may consider "dumb" questions regarding these efforts. Shop manual instructs to apply "Lubriplate" lubricant to the both ends of the push rods, the valve and push rod ends of the rocker arm, and the valve stem tip. What is the modern eqivilant of "Lubriplate" that I should use? Also I am planning to install adjustable rockers if have non adjustable set at present. Will know what is in place when I remove valve cover this w/e.
I am sure that everyone knows that push rods used for adjustable rockers have a ball end and cup end. Is the cup end installed to interface with the rocker arm or the lifter? As always thanks for the input.

·
Registered
9,042 Posts
Sure, "Lubriplate" can still be used....as its still widely available....but any good "CAM LUBE" or "Assembly Lube" will do the same job or even better....probably better.

Things have come a long way since 1965, 1966, 1967, etc. .......especially in the lubricants area...

"Is the cup end installed to interface with the rocker arm or the lifter? As always thanks for the input. "

Answer: Yes. One end of the Push Rod sits in the Rocker cup, and the other end of the Push Rod sits on top of the lifter cup.

Not Stupid questions at all.

:eek:)

Tony K.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts