Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple of years ago, a photographer posted online a bunch of his photos from the 70's featuring cars, people, and cruising on Van Nuys Boulevard in the San Fernando Valley. I was trying to find that site today just to click through the pictures again, but instead found another site that featured cruising in the same area but in 1978/1979. Lots of good pics of mostly cars, trucks, and vans of the era. If you're allergic to air shocks, then I suggest you don't follow the link to the site. Brought back some memories!

·
Registered
3,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We were there a bunch. Didn’t need a classic or cool car, people went to just hang out. There were plenty of cool cars though.
Where did you grow up?

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
My idiot cousin and I drove down from Fresno once in the mid 70's to experience Van Nuys Blvd.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Yep I did the Van Nuys thing too in the late 60’s and early 70’s. I remember a Henry J that was outrageous. A Falcon with a straight axle and 396 Chevy motor and wheel well headers. Lots of cool stuff. We drove from Simil Valley to participate. Great times for sure. If you find that link again be sure to share it!

·
Registered
3,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So did I. Lived all over OC and went to high school in Irvine. We used to drag race on the two lane roads in the orange groves out there. I was driving a 65 Biscayne with a warmed up 327 and a Power Glide and the obligatory air shocks. Never made it to Van Nuys though.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Had a 64 Dodge 330 back then. Hung out with Mopar Assoc. in front of the Dodge dealer when not cruising. My friend had a bug eye Sprite. It was better than the Dodge at attracting the girls.

·
Registered
3,774 Posts
We had a nice cruising place in Walnut Creek , Ca in the early 70s . It was even mention in HotRod magazine .

·
Premium Member
6,675 Posts
For me, it was Whittier Boulevard, but earlier, more late 60's to early 70's, then off for a world tour with Uncle Sam.

Every place had it's "group", the surfer, the low rider, the VW's, bikers, Vans, etc. Our hang was Bob's Big Boy.

·
Registered
3,774 Posts
For me, it was Whittier Boulevard, but earlier, more late 60's to early 70's, then off for a world tour with Uncle Sam.

Every place had it's "group", the surfer, the low rider, the VW's, bikers, Vans, etc. Our hang was Bob's Big Boy.

View attachment 742034
that's one of the best pics in the series .

·
Registered
3,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
1 - 14 of 14 Posts