Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking at the JME Enterprises and the Haneline instrument clusters for the Mustang. Now I see what you can do with new guages...so ive been looking at guage maker websites. Anyone out there bought the VDO vision guages or using them? The look pretty cool. White Carbon fiber look with black graphics during the day and at night they turn red, orange, white or green or blue on black..fiber optic pointer, trip guage and correctable speedo...wow..they look pretty cool...any thoughts on these vs. Autometer or Stewart Warner or Penguin or Classic or another brand I haven't considered?

Thanks,
Kory

Mustang Parts makes a great addiction.

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
Have you considered a gauge overlay kit? It's cheaper and might be what you're looking for. As for myself, I kinda like that soft green glow.

See my 69 convertible and the VMF parking lot at: http://www.geocities.com/Bishir1/FrontPage.html
http://www.jps.net/binay/webdocs/frontside_sig01.JPG

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
VDO and Autometer make excellent gauges (as well as Stewart Warner but harder to find). I like VDO's but I wish they didn't go to the electronic odo and trip meters. I like the mechanical types.

Can't go wrong with any of them. Bishir mentioned a good option too. I'd like to get new faces made for the faded ones in my poor Fairmont.

Dean T

Shikatta Ga Nai - "It cannot be helped"

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You are correct about one thing, I too have always liked that green glow of the 65' Guage panel and the Rally pack. On a dark road at night, I always thought that was one of the coolest things about the car. I saw that overlay kit the other night in some ad in the back of one of the Mustang mag's. They made white overlays for the stock guage clusters. However, part of me wants to save a few bills up and get a new guage cluster. The idea of having real guages and a spedo that I can calibrate with my larger tires, larger rearend and different trans is a nice thoght. The VDO ones looked rather neat to me, figureing you can have them green or white or blue and they have the odo and a trip guage I think. The electronic is not a bad thing..just more modern I guess.

Kory

Mustang Parts makes a great addiction.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts