Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently own a 1969 351 Mustang Fastback. Not a Mach 1. My question for everyone is...does anyone know of a safe/accurate vehicle history web site I can use to find out the history of ownership of my 69 Mustang? I've told told by the seller that they bought the car from the original owner, and the car seems fairly original, but I would like to be sure of the details given to me. AAA hasnt been helpful, and dare I say that DMV is willing to "give" me anything for free!! Anyone have any luck with a web site that gives this kind of information...that isnt too costly? I dont want names of owners, I would just like to know if I'm the 3rd owner for personal satisfaction, and also so that if I ever sell my ride, I can provide this information accurately. Anyone?? Thanks

·
Registered
9,042 Posts
DUPLICATE POST.

Sorry, You can't find a "chain of ownership". U.S. States DMV Records to the general public only go back 10 years...so basically any info you requested thru California DMV would be from 2009 to Present.

The only thing that you can do is run a Marti Report on your car, but it will cost you and it's not Free. It will tell you everything that you ever wanted to know about your 1969 Mustang including the original Selling Dealer...and it's worth every penny. ....But it won't tell you who the Owners of the car were... Sorry.

See here:

https://www.martiauto.com/martireports.cfm

There is no such website that you are looking for so don't even waste your time looking.... You'd have better luck finding BIGFOOT....or the LOCHNESS MONSTER.....

Hope this helps you some..

:eek:)

Tony K.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
I wrote the state asking for prior owner info and after about a week they sent me a large envelope full of previous owner documents. However, everything personal was black lined out and what I paid/waited for was useless. Privacy laws and such they would not share any info with me. Would have been nice to know that before I jumped through all the hoops.

Luckily, I found a keychain for a local business under the seat when I took the car apart. I posted a pic of it to a Facebook group for that city and ended up finding the aunt of the original owner. Working on getting pics but original owner lives in another state now and doesn't see them much.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts