Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, my question is are there anyways to get the pit-marks off the vent window frame. I've heard from other people that its easier to buy a new set of Vent window frames because it's extremely hard to get the pit-marks off. I hope some one can help me with this question because I would like to keep the original ones instead of getting reproductions! Thanks.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I also have this problem. I have sent back 2 sets of repros because they were unsatisfactory. Discussing plating with a shop that has done work for me, pits in the frame make plating somewhat unsatisfactory due to their shape. I have just noticed in the Eastwood catalog they have a product for filling pits using a propane or jewelers torch. I am going to check with my plater if it is practical for me to fill the pits after stripping the old plating and then have them plated. Anyone ever use that Eastwood product?

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
according to an article in "AutoRestorer" that i get the pits are due to impurities in metal undernealth and to fix properly they need to be done by professional. if they are just rechromed the same impurity will repit if not properly treated. i a not an expert and have no experience. one chrome shop i see on Forum once in a while is Pauls in PA someplace - if you need more info give me an atten: message.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts