Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for any information on versailles rear end swap in 65 66 mustangs. Thanks in advance for any information.
jazzbo

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
Hate to be "Do a Search" person, but there are literally HUNDREDS of Versailles threads on VMF. Is there a specific question you have: E-brake hookup, spring perches, etc.????

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did a search. Try it. Very little came up. There may be someone who hasn't participated before who has some good info. I appreciate the information. (Maybe I am out of the loop, but the search did not produce much under versaille rear ends.)Thanks again.
jazzbo

·
Registered
491 Posts
Make sure and adjust the "date range" for the search. I searched for "versailles" "all posts" and got back pages and pages of stuff.

G

·
0 Posts
Save your money if all your after is disc brakes. Not worth the headache or hassle. I went the Versailles route. $400 for the parts car, $300 for rotors and calipers, lots of sand blasting, still need to get new E-cables made, etc.... I'd just go with a good 9" housing and oversize drum brakes if I had to do it over again.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
I'll second Scott on this. Put a Versaille rear in my 66. Didn't like it for several reasons including parking brak issues and the fact that it wouldn't stop worth crap. Put an 8 inch back in it. Much happier. Better stopping, parking brake works, and it's lighter.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks, opentracker and all the rest of you mustangers. I appreciate the input. I believe I am going to pass on this one and stay with drum brakes in the rear. Once again, thanks.
jazzbo

1 - 10 of 10 Posts