Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last time I saw my convertible was in June, it was being put off to work on a Chevelle. Got a call last week from my body guy that they'd been working on my car the last 2 weeks and he had some questions. I went there Sunday and snapped a few pics. Looks like it might be painted soon, maybe by the end of this month. Here are some pics I took:

http://www.early-mustang.com/charles/vert/9_12_04/

·
Registered
7,979 Posts
Very nice! Where those runs on the door? Do they just block sand stuff like that to get it ready for the color coat?

John Harvey

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
Nice job ::

Is the primer wet? looks too shiny ::

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Probably the flash, it has a little gloss to it, not much.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Very nice! Where those runs on the door? Do they just block sand stuff like that to get it ready for the color coat?
Sure, it'll get sanded before paint. There will be some runs in places, probably not the exterior but in the trunk, engine bay, underside.

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
There will be some runs in places
Concours runs no doubt ::
Don`t forget the orange peel ;)

J/K

·
Registered
7,671 Posts
Everything is lookin' good!
Always better to start with a pristine car than try to patch up a rust-bucket.

What is the last photo? I can't make it out.. ::

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
The car looks good, but with those 500+ k photos, I'm glad I'm not on dial-up. ::

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What is the last photo? I can't make it out.. ::
That's the leading edge of the cowl at the firewall. I thought it was interesting that it was a 5/26 date code and the scheduled build date was 5/24. Guess it didn't make that date!

·
Registered
5,046 Posts
On the rotisserie without door braces? Pretty brave. Who's doing the work?
BTW: Got my carbs machined. I'm going to need to do some plating soon. We are about done with our addition and I'll have to have you over to show off the new garage-majal. :D
Ed

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
On the rotisserie without door braces? Pretty brave.
Not really considering the car has it's original floors, quarters, rockers, etc... All they had to do was small patch panels, worst rust was in the battery apron area.

A guy named Don Lee is doing the work. He has a shop out on I40, exit 319.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts