Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
The time has come to replace my rear torque boxes on my '66 vert. The tops of them look fine, but pretty bad underneath. The driver side box has a softball size hole in it, and the passenger side box is not much better. Already installed new front boxes and inner rockers, my only issue is finding vert rear torque boxes without the full frame rail extension (both are great on my car). I can find coupe/fastback boxes easily. Not sure if it would be smart to trim the coupe/fastback boxes to fit the longer inner rocker the verts have. Any info would be appreciated! Thanks in advance.

P

·
0 Posts
The rear boxes come with the leading part of the frame rail. If you don't want to use that, you just trim it off. All replacement panels should be considered cut to fit.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tanks so much carguytroy! Just what I was looking for. And to PetesPoinies, I understand they come with a bit of the frame rail on them, but the only ones I was finding came with the full frame rail all the way to the bumper, didn't need all that. Thanks again!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts