Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I`m going nuts. ::
The only good thing about SWMBO`s vert when we got it was the fact that her Father had new floors welded in. the guy did a pretty good job, except he had fabricated his own seat boxes.I didn`t pay too much attention until I saw how it was supposed to be a one piece unit for extra unibody strength.I might have even lived with this except I put in a seat from a different car when I finally got it running so I could drive it around.The problem was the seat looked crooked ::
SO I ordered a new one from NPD. I think they are the only ones who carry that particular piece. Well I got it in ( with a little re-shaping and it looks nice. ::
But... I put the seat in and it STILL loooks crooked! :(
I am assuming that the seat box should be level, which it is.
Maybe it`s just me :p

·
Registered
Current cars include 1969 Mach 1 and 1970 Cougar XR7 convertible
8,497 Posts
Are you talking about "level" left to right or front to back? My buddy's '70 Vert seat risers slope front to back but I haven't checked them for left to right.

·
Registered
5,156 Posts
I can definitely help you out - tomorrow. Right now it's raining like heck and dark, but my vert is completely stripped so I can check the risers. Get back w/U tomorrow.

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
side to side, I guess I left that little bit of info out. There is a pretty good slope to the rear

·
Registered
10,413 Posts
The cv seat pan on each side is higher in the front and slops. back probably about 8 degrees. This is an area of frustration to me re installation of later seats. Most cars today have a relatively level mounting area. As a result, have noticed the seats sloping too far back. Mustang Plus has a seat pan lowering deal on their site. If your pan is messed up, most all the Mustang supply houses now stock the complete upper L & R seat pan, a one piece deal. Average price is 95 (CJ Mustang) and it fits 65-70.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts