Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
6,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
TMI should supply a skin graft kit with their black upholstery.

Seriously...I shouldn't complain. The sun is shining. The top is down. It's waiting for me out in the parking lot. After lunch I REMEMBERED to leave the seat folded over, which puts all of the back and 90% of the bun in shade.

I'm in the market for a couple of pairs of loose fit Dockers in either Nomex or asbestos, if someone can let me know where to find them.

Hey, at least I won't be needing a heat gun to get that last little wrinkle or two out of the seats! /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

Phil

·
Administrator
19,444 Posts
Oh, that brings back painful memories. My coupe has the black vinyl interior, too. One time while living in Phoenix (Tempe, actually), I had just finished up a day of fieldwork helping to teach the Spring field school. Don't let the word "spring" fool you, the temps were above 100 degrees. I had forgotten to cover up the seats and jumped behind the wheel wearing a halter top and shorts. I exited the car extremely quickly, yelling very loudly. I had to drive home several miles with a rug on the seat and trying to keep my back off the the seat back. My back was bright red by the time I got home.

I never forgot to cover the seats again! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

·
Registered
810 Posts
I hadn't ridden in my car since since I was about 9 or 10 years old (sat for close to 20 years.) When I sat behind the wheel to drive it for the first time ever, guess what the first thing I remembered about the car was? Those black seats get HOT and nasty in no-time. Brought back some not-so-great memories!!

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
If you want some nice seat covers, check out Jean Seat International at www.autoseats.com/. They have some nice covers and they are licensed Ford so they can use the logos. I have a set for the 65 because they are white and are easier to keep clean. My wife has some in her 96 GT vert and they are really nice when the top is down and you don't have to worry about a towel or whatever falling down. They have an ad in Mustang Monthly as well.

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Not sure where I found it, but I ran across a company making seatcovers out of neoprene, wetsuit material. This might be a cool solution, and look good in a conv't.

·
Administrator
19,444 Posts
My eyes, my eyes! Definitely something I don't want to see. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

·
Registered
7,944 Posts
Red, White and Black. White interior with black appointments. It looks nice, and many fewer trips to the plastic surgeon are required. :) By-the-way it is in the shop and will be painted "Victory Red".

John Harvey

·
Premium Member
19,169 Posts
Laurie, your post brings back some bad memories. My grandfather always covered his upholstery with this clear plastic stuff from JC Whitney. It had little diamonds on it, and no matter what conditions, it always stuck to your backside.

Halter top and shorts, hmmm....

·
Administrator
19,444 Posts
/forums/images/icons/blush.gif /forums/images/icons/wink.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
My first car was a 67 malibu convertible with black vinyl interior. I always kept towls or bllankets to throw over the seats. I was up at the beach chasing girls on a beautiful sunny day. When i go to leave to go to work, OH ! All of my covers were in the wash! I had the top down a few days before and it rained and everything got wet. I ended up getting a bucket and pouring water over the seats to cool them off so i could go home.

At least it was fresh water.

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
My SWMBO hates the vert when the sun is high in the sky. You ought to try the heat out here in the Kansas flatlands...

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
Or bird droppings.... /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

1 - 15 of 15 Posts