Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8,116 Posts
Wow :highfive:
Way to go CT! Give us the details on how it went...Nervous, excitement, were you scared when it went across the block?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It was a mind-numbing experience. I would have been happy with anything over $50k!

I'm doing a red '65 convertible next, A code San Jose car. This is my car, which I will probably sell when it's done. Then I have 2 K code convertibles to restore for other people. A '65 and a '66.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Congrats. What is the deal with the RS and BJ auctions running in the same town on the same dates. Do buyers go back and forth between the two??? Did you talk with the new owner, with that much spent on the car I cannot imagine weekend cruising, but then I'm not in the club that can spend that kind of $$ for a car.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, most everyone was going back and forth between the 2 auctions. They were within a couple miles of each other.

I didn't get to see the buyer, from what I heard he won my car and left the auction shortly afterwards. I hung out around the car later and got everything packed up but he never came over. I suppose he will contact me eventually.

·
Registered
625 Posts
I'd be interested to know more about the car. Why did it go for such a high price?

·
Registered
625 Posts
Jeff - I like the way your car sits. What size tires and type of springs do you have? I'm restoring almost the same car, but mine's Dark Moss Green.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
wow, thats awesome. its always great to get more than you expect. i have seen sellers at these auctions are their faces are just lit up as they see their cars price raise and raise

·
Registered
7,295 Posts
Congratulations Mr. Turner, and congrats Trevor for taking this completley off topic!

Private messages are cool.
Don't be a dickhead. http://home.kc.rr.com/garagesaleinc/Emoticons/slap.gif

But really - very nice Charles! Congrats. Do you think you will miss the car ?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Charles, I had a feeling your car was going to break the bank! Glad it went well for you.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
That is awesome! Russo and Steele is usually no reserve cars arent they? I see the estimate was 50-55k. It's always nice when you go higher than the estimates! I sent you a PM as well.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts