Vintage Mustang Forums banner

Very (Scary) Loose front end on 66, any suggestions?

2003 Views 8 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  Guest
G
I have a 66 Convert that I finally got on the road after a bunch of engine work. Once at highway speeds and large bump in the road sends the car swerving of the road....it's very sketchy to say the least. Any suggestions (Do I need a susp rebuild?) I have not messed with the suspension yet at all (Except new shocks up front). However, the engine mods have left my car about 75-90 pouns lighter up front. Now the body rests way higher (I am planning new coils with a 1 inch drop)

66 GT RagTop
Edelbrock Heads
Edelbrock 600cfm Carb
Edelbrock Intake
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
1,648 Posts
Alignment could be part of the problem especially if it's sitting high. However, if the front suspension is old, old, old, it could most certainly be that as well. Me thinks you need to inspect for loose inner/outer tie rod ends, Idle arm, ball joints etc., etc. And from your description, it needs to be done sooner rather than later, other wise you may be taking some unexpected flying lessons.

65 Hi-Po F/B (7 yr resto)
67 GTA F/B (small block) Mustang Owners Club of Austin (MOCA), TX
MCA 27479
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1575609&a=11978710&p=43914197.jpg

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.