Vintage Mustang Forums banner

Very (Scary) Loose front end on 66, any suggestions?

2003 Views 8 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  Guest
G
I have a 66 Convert that I finally got on the road after a bunch of engine work. Once at highway speeds and large bump in the road sends the car swerving of the road....it's very sketchy to say the least. Any suggestions (Do I need a susp rebuild?) I have not messed with the suspension yet at all (Except new shocks up front). However, the engine mods have left my car about 75-90 pouns lighter up front. Now the body rests way higher (I am planning new coils with a 1 inch drop)

66 GT RagTop
Edelbrock Heads
Edelbrock 600cfm Carb
Edelbrock Intake
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
4,541 Posts
Cars that are pulled around by ruts and irregularity in the road surface are quite often not aligned well. Too little caster can really make a front end feel squirrely. In any case, if it's been 50k or more miles since the last front end rebuild, I'd agree with the others - just suck it up and do the suspension/shocks/steering rebuild or replacement. It may cost you a grand, but that sort of thing is not to be taken lightly. It can kill you as quickly as bad brakes!

Glenn Morgan 66 GT Fastback 351w+toploader

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.