Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new paint job and am storing my car in an unheating detached garage. What car cover would you use and why? ::
It sounds simple but I usually get 10 different answers from 10 different people. ::

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do not want to pay for gold if silver or copper would fit my needs.

Thank you for the input!

Walt

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have always used a "California Car Cover" product to cover my cars. The cloth type with the soft flannel inside. It has never scratched the paint and it breathes. Great for inside storage. The nice thing about my cover is that once a year (Spring) I wash it and run it through the dryer. Comes out like new and tighter fitting.
As for winter storage,I place dessicant bags throughout the interior , trunk, and engine bay. I place these bags on paper slips everywhere. The bags I have are 1/4 lb each and work great in trapping any temperature change moisture. In the spring, I remove the bags, dry them in the sun on the deck, and put them away for use in late Fall.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Just bought 4 packs for the two stangs. Last year I got a little surface rust on the underside even thogh car was parked in my garage. Will place a thicker tarp and also some moisture absorber below the cars this year along with the dessicant packets.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts