Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My original rubber trans mount was so bad the auto shift lever would jump during shifting, and the trans tail shaft could be seen bouncing up and down during idle. Since I was going to replace the mount, I went with a polyurethane type.
I didn't change the front motor mounts. I'm getting a noticeable vibration now, especially during acceleration. Is more vibration to be expected with the poly mount? The only other thing I changed at the same time, was the crankshaft pulley. I am installing the Vintage Air A/C system and the system comes with a heavier crank pulley. It appears to be running fairly true, though not perfectly so.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I haven't checked the u-joints in a while, will do. I am, however, getting the vibration when I rev it up also in park or neutral.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
I also go with the u-joint. Took my 65 for first test run last night, also had a vibration, new u-joints as well..But, I guess one of the internal locks did not hold together and the u-joint went..Managed to keep slight pressure on it and drove the 2 miles back to the shop where it fell right off..New ones should be intomorrow..
Don

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the replies. The dampner is new. I just finished re-installing that Vintage Air crank pulley, it was just a little bit off (it's also a cast steel job, almost weighs more than a brake drum). Gonna check the u-joints and motor mounts now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts