Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to check out a car that was in the paper today, a 65 coupe that a guy was trying to sell to recover his labor costs from a guy who just abandoned the car at his shop. I think I understand why the guy just left the car. He probably didn't want the EPA to get him for excessive rust violations. The engine didn't look too bad, but things were held together with twist ties off bread wrappers. The whole experience just made me sad.

James

1965 convertible "White Pony", my own lesson in mechanical humility

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
I found a '67 GTA a while back. It was in back of a body shop. A kid had completely dismantled the car, then never had the money for body repairs/paint. The owner had begged the kid to let him sell it or do something, but he refused, and consequently this car sat outside (no glass, hood, etc for 8-10 years). This would have been a nice car - 390 CID, PS, AC, deluxe int. overhead console, etc. - you get the idea.
The floorpans had rusted through from the inside out and most of the interior and peripheral pieces were nowhere to be found.

Beri Fraley
Strong, Proud, and Ugly.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
He said he was owed about $900 for his work, so wanted $1000 for work and "storage". Of course, it was outside in the rain today.

James

1965 convertible "White Pony", my own lesson in mechanical humility

1 - 4 of 4 Posts