Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Quality products and quality guy Gary is! I upgraded everything on my 66. Much brighter and less power with care free installation.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
I’ve been out of the Mustang scene for many years just recently had to replace my Mustang Project tail light LEDs.

I really wish I would’ve researched the newer products these look amazing great design!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Spoke with Gary earlier in the week and got a set of tail lamps do tomorrow. Stand up guy and great sale!

·
Registered
328 Posts
Gary,

I went to your site and those look great. One question, I watched your video on the 67-68 taillights, and I see you can have the brake lights sequential or not. I would want my brake side to be non-sequential. I guess I don't quite understand the sequential brake thing, because if you are stopped at a light with the left signal on, what's happening with the right light (is it going sequential too?), or how will the person tell which way you are turning? Does my question make sense? Anyway, I looked at the Blue car video and it didn't really answer my question as it appears it was setup for sequential, and the brake and turn signal wasn't applied at the same time, or at least I didn't see the opposite side with brake on when turn was on the other side.

Jason

·
Registered
416 Posts
I just installed a set 65/66 tail lights this week (have not tested them in the car yet). The term (and dip switch) sequential braking was confusing to me as well Not really sure what that is.

·
Premium Member
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Jason

If you do not want sequential tail lights, just turn the adjustment pot fully clockwise and all 3 segments will come on at the same time.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Jason

If you do not want sequential tail lights, just turn the adjustment pot fully clockwise and all 3 segments will come on at the same time.
I think the confusion was with the video. I believe the driver was pumping the brakes to show the sequential brakes, where once lit, the brakes are solid, right? So long as the driver doesn't let their foot off the brake?

·
Registered
328 Posts
I would like sequential turn signals but not brake lights. So if the left turn signal is sequential to the left I want the right light to be lit solid

·
Premium Member
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
When you hit the brakes, they sequence once. The lights stay on as long as you have your foot on the brake pedal.

Thanks
Gary

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Sale or not I’m under strict instructions to replace the tail lights and headlights with LEDs sooner rather than later. About a week ago the accelerator pump gave up the ghost just down the street during a “WTF is wrong with the car” road test. As we were pushing the car back she commented on how dim the tail and lights were. I replied “that’s not dim, that’s 1967, you should see the brake lights...”

·
Registered
396 Posts
I will be buying my second set of these amazing lights.

Dcubedus

·
Registered
328 Posts
I just talked to Gary. Very nice fellow. Our cars and stories of them are similar as well. The lights do what I need them to. They will sequence once and stay lit. The side with the turn signal will sequence when it's on.

I'll be taking him up on this offer.

Jason

·
Registered
72 Posts
Got mine last night from Gary. {Fast shipping} Installed them and the flashers and WOW! Wish I could ride behind my car today just to watch the lights.
Happy holidays and be safe.

·
Premium Member
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I just talked to Gary. Very nice fellow. Our cars and stories of them are similar as well. The lights do what I need them to. They will sequence once and stay lit. The side with the turn signal will sequence when it's on.

I'll be taking him up on this offer.

Jason
Jason, send me an e-mail so I can send you some pictures of the steering column seal we spoke about.
[email protected]

Gary

·
Registered
332 Posts
Installed mine today on a '66 2+2 for all the exterior lights. Works and looks great! Thanks Gary.

Reactions: gtonavy
1 - 20 of 23 Posts