Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is sort of a weird one, and I didnt know where to put this, so I figured here would be ok.

Does anyone have or know where to find actual vintage keychains from the year of the car you have? I was thinking a 69 mach 1 keychain would be a cool gift, but looking around on the internet just mostly gives me brand new ones.

Does anyone know a place?

Thank you.

·
Registered
5,630 Posts
I had a customer come in with a POS old Toyota that we ended up 'putting a bullit in' as it wasn't worth fixing. I spotted a 1965 Mustang Fastback shaped rubber keychain on his keys- he noticed I was drooling over it, so ended up giving it to me! I love it- and I'm pretty sure he thinks I'm an idiot... lol

·
Registered
801 Posts
@Brian Conway - I had a fob just like that for my '64 Fairlane. Same color leather too, but it didn't have a dealership stamped on it, only the Ford crest. Lost it along with my keys, when I was a goofy teenager. Dangit.

·
Registered
411 Posts
There are a lot of Reproductions available, as well as many NOS Aftermarket ones. However, my favorite original, whish I picked up 25 or 30 years ago, is the attached NOS leather one.
I have seen one without a Dealer's imprint on the back, but so far, it has eluded me.

Bob

Attachments

·
Registered
335 Posts
I just bought a vintage Ford Driver Education Graduate keychain off eBay. Thought it was pretty cool. You can also check Etsy.

·
Registered
6,324 Posts
All of those OEMs are really neat to have together with your mustang. My claim to this fame, is having my OEM owners manual for the early '65 mustangs. Apparently, they were different from the manuals that followed later in the year.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts