Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to repair a lot of small vinyl rips on the interior of my '69 mach 1, mostly just little wear and tear rips. I know there are vinyl repair kits that exist. Anyone have any experience or tips in this area?

--Lightnin

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
I can tell you they don't work very well. A new set of seat covers goes a long ways. This is not very hard to install especially if you're putting them on over old seat buns. They go on fairly easy, you hog ring them and your car look years younger. If you can't afford the $100 or so for these, then check with a local upholstery shop. They can often graft in a new panel and make it look respectable. Chances are the costs would be similar to using the reproduction seat covers.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I know what you mean...I would definitely love to just replace everything, but my interior is still original (and in great shape for 30+ years). I just thought I might salvage what I can for now until I finally gather up the courage to replace it all. I have a good friend who has tried a kit, and he said it didn't work too great for him either with what he was trying to do. He said the stuff wasn't very viscous at all -- thinner than water!

--Lightnin

1 - 3 of 3 Posts