Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my quest to find a Toploader for my 67 I visited a place yesterday that said he had 3 to look at. The two that would fit my car both needed work and the 3rd which was in really good shape was a RUG M2 and would not work with my car. This guy has many cars and pieces of cars all over as well as multiple trailers full of all kinds of parts

Below are some pictures from the vast Mustang wasteland... It was really sad seeing so many classic mustangs wasting away. Just makes one wonder how many other places like this exist.

·
Registered
980 Posts
I haven’t seen a place like that in a long time. Early fastbacks just wasting away in the weeds. That is sad. There are definitely some project cars out there.

·
Registered
36,486 Posts
Yeah, the RUG-M2 is for the 390. The input shaft is too short for a smallblock.

Reactions: jjpish68

·
Premium Member
6,776 Posts
I haven’t seen a place like that in a long time. Early fastbacks just wasting away in the weeds. There are definitely some project cars out there.
Sure as hell are. The trick is prying them away for any sort of reasonable price, or at all. I know of an elderly man that has a '67 fastback S code, two Mach 1's, and a '65 coupe drag car shell. He hasn't touched any of them in years, all just sitting barely visible from the main road behind his rural house. His first words when approached (before you can even say hello) are "If you're here about the cars they're not for sale". :(

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Below are some pictures from the vast Mustang wasteland... It was really sad seeing so many classic mustangs wasting away. Just makes one wonder how many other places like this exist.
I see you're in Easton. Where is this grave yard, I might want to visit!

Reactions: jjpish68

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sure as hell are. The trick is prying them away for any sort of reasonable price, or at all. I know of an elderly man that has a '67 fastback S code, two Mach 1's, and a '65 coupe drag car shell. He hasn't touched any of them in years, all just sitting barely visible from the main road behind his rural house. His first words when approached (before you can even say hello) are "If you're here about the cars they're not for sale". :(
Everything there is for sale. He steered us to his backyard which is about a mile down the dirt road from the graveyard to those fastbacks in the weeds. I just want to get my 67 Coupe in good shape lol but I could have loaded a semi with projects I saw yesterday?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Pretty cool and not to far from me either! How do we get in touch with him?
Place is called Mike’s Mustang Shop I found him when I was heading up 301 heading back home from looking at a project. I passed a flatbead with name and phone number on side then I slowed down so he could pass me so I could get picture of truck with phone number. 301-283-0344

·
Registered
980 Posts
All you east coasters go get em! Someone needs to save these cars. Wish I were closer...☹

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
When people are looking for parts on here I've sent PM's for years with his contact information.
Mike was a nice guy hopefully some guys here can find Some things they need from him. He had a lot of parts there and some possible projects. If I had a stream of cash for another project one of those fastbacks in his backyard would have come home with me.

·
Just some guy
67 coupe, 69 Sportsroof, 86 hatchback
21,378 Posts
"how many other places like this exist. " Not too many.
I was tickled pink to get my hands on my horrible and rotten '69 project. I only see three cars out of all those I'd guess MIGHT be worse off than what I happily bought and dragged home. Lots of folks would love to bring at least half of those back to life.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts