Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Vendor
5,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Street or Track LLC would like to invite you and your family out for a fun filled day at the races! Over Labor day weekend (30/31st of August) the Nor-Cal Shelby club will be running the largest Ford powered track event on the West Coast! Shelbys, Cobras, Mustangs, Pantera's, GT40's, Tigers and TONS of Mustangs will be screaming around the racetrack both days.

We'll be there and we'd like to invite you too! On Saturday the 30th, Street or Track has offered to host the VMF get together! All you need to do is bring along a chair! We'll stuff you with burgers, hot dogs and sodas, then we'll take you out on the track for a few laps! If you can't make Saturday, we'll still be there Sunday - just bring some food as we are planning on eating EVERYTHING Saturday! ::

Please let me know if you plan on attending. We'd like to make sure we have enough food!

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
Assuming I can get a ride there, I'm in!

·
Registered
6,782 Posts
You did that just to get back for my invitation to you for the Monterey Historics, didn't you!
http://www.montereyhistoric.com/history/slide/images/Trans%20Am.jpg

·
Premium Member
7,773 Posts
I wanna go!!!!! Darn this work thing!!!

My reward is a trip to Philly on Tuesday/Wednesday next week for business!!! Darnit! (But, great opp. there)

-bob

·
Administrator
13,017 Posts
I will be coming up on Sat. with my oldest son and may another friend. Count us in. Chuck Wiltens and his girlfriend will also be there all weekend. See you on Sat. Thanks for hosting!
Stan

·
Vendor
5,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This is from the Shelby Club website:

Embassy Suites San Rafael: (415) 499-9222
The headquarters hotel for Mini-Nats XX is the Embassy Suites, 101 McInnis Parkway, San Rafael, CA 94903. A limited number of rooms are available at a substantially reduced rate of $129 per night (plus tax) and approximately $4 per person for single or double occupancy. For reservations at this rate, you must call the Embassy Suites in San Rafael directly, and tell them you are with the Nor Cal Shelby Club. The special rate expires on August 5, so act quickly!

All rooms include a complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast each morning, and a Manager’s cocktail reception each evening. Overnight security will be provided for the hotel parking lot on Friday and Saturday nights.

I never stay in the area so have no idea about other places to stay... I take my tent and sleep in the paddock! :p

K

·
0 Posts
I'll be there with my son on Saturday.

Didn't MYTOYS (Mark) get us special parking?

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
If only we lived a little more north. San Diego doesn't offer much in the way of track events...only thing I ever found was a slalem course at the stadum on weekends. :( Someday we'll make it to Laguna Seca.

·
Registered
5,583 Posts
Hey John, Leave the car home, you mean your going to miss chance to do the drags on Sunday.

Mark

·
Registered
807 Posts
It's been way too long. My current jobbie job doesn't let me have too much 'free time' on the net, so I haven't been on the forum much.
I've been lurking to see what's up with mini nats.

Looks like your car may be slightly more track minded since last I saw it. I look forward to seeing how all the NorCal actives' car's are coming along.

There's a good chance I'll wuss out taking my Stang up. It hasn't been starting too well. That being the case, I'll be looking to hitch a ride for at least the parade lap.

I'll see you Sunday for sure though!

·
Gone but never forgetten
25,239 Posts
I thought you had to be an SAAC member to enter, which I am not. Also I still haven't fixed my traction-lok yet, so doubt I'd run much better than my last outing at Sacto. Raceway, although it would probably be cooler and that might get me down an aditional 10th or so.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts