Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just returned from Hot August Nights in Reno Nevada. After 2 false starts with 2 different cars I finaly made it down to Reno. Wow, what a show! There was every type of hot rod represented and displayed or cruising the streets. As long as the car was '74 or earlier then they were there, and in great numbers. If you have never been, then put it on your "Have to do" list!

The VMF get-together was a great success. There were several of us that connected for breakfast and then a good long cruise up to Lake Tahoe, all the way down the lake (beautiful scenery) and then back down the mountain for a BBQ at a nice park in Washoe Valley. I know I had a great time and am sure everybody did also. Of course this was the second year in a row that I managed to NOT get the BBQ tools to the BBQ.......... third time is a charm they say! Thanks to John (msgjvh) who went back to town and bought a nice set of Craftsman BBQ tools we were able to actually eat..........*G*. (Who knew that Craftsman made BBQ tools also?!). Bill (sacbill) was the executive chef and chief BBQ'er and did a kick-butt job at that. I have a functional problem with the cooking thing, long story, ask the firemen...........

Thanks to all that came and joined in, and especially to Bill and John that jumped right in to make this a success full VMF gathering!! Next year we are going to shift gears and make this a big-time gathering of VMF folks, make sure to mark it on your calendar now and don't miss VMF Reno 2004!!

Hal

·
Registered
6,782 Posts
Well done!::. No pun intended. Going to Monterey Historics on Sunday? Opentracker and I will be there. If you're going, PM me...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts