Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Knotts VMF agenda: Fri night, Sat Cruise, Sat Dinner, Sun morn cruise, SHOW, ‘Those who stayed over Dinner’

Okay here’s the VMF agenda for the 2006 Fabulous Fords Forever Knotts week-end.
All the foot work and detailed work on the VMF Saturday Dinner is being done by David67 and Jennifer (SWMBO in training). Sunday dinner is being coordinated by Bill Fuller (SacBill).

Friday morning cruise in from NorCal:
Rallying point is Hwy 152 and I-5 at 8am sharp. That is the time the central group will be heading south in order to get to LaLaLand before the afternoon traffic. Same gas/lunch stop at Kettleman City and gas stop at the bottom of the Grapevine.

Friday night: Casual get-together, drinks, dinner, talk
Where: Outback Steakhouse (7575 Beach about ½ mile north of Knotts)
Time: approximately 6pm (beat the Friday night rush)

Saturday morning cruise:
Where: at Don Jose’s Mexican Restaurant (2681 La Palma, Anaheim) since we all know where that is.
Time: 9:00am meet. Cruise rolls at 10:00am sharp.
Cruise will be mapped out by (?, need a SoCal VMFer) and handouts will be made available.
Cruise usually involves a pic opportunity along the way and ends about noon or so. This gives ample time for personal business between it and the VMF Dinner.

Saturday VMF Dinner: being schedule by David67
Where: National Sports Bar &Grill (5970 Orangethorpe, Buena Park) Same as last year
When: 7:00pm
Dinner: TBD
Cost: TBD, but to avoid paying for ‘no-shows’, I will be taking monies up-front (no refunds for no-shows). If we don’t have enough pre-paid to meet the minimum (not sure what that number is yet) checks will be returned.
Bar: cash bar available
Mustang stuff swap/raffle…bring a Mustang item to swap.

PLEASE:
E-mail me with headcount if you are attending Saturday dinner (DO NOT send and monies yet, still TBD). We need an accurate headcount so please only respond if you are definitely coming to the dinner.

Mustang-Stuff-Trade:
We’re going to do it again. Bring a Mustang related item (hand carry in, and not too dirty). I will give you a raffle ticket and take your item. During the evening, tickets will be drawn and random trading of items will ensue. Bring any related auto type item that we all can relate to with our Mustangs, should be fun. (Bill will the Tracy lawn chair be in the mix?)

Those who have a Mustang banner of any sort and would like to hang it at the dinner, please get it to me before the dinner Saturday (I have the NorCal VMF banner).

Sunday Morning Cruise in to Knotts Show:
Where: Borders Bookstore, (22401 Old Canal Road, Savi Ranch Mall, Yorba Linda, cross roads: S.Weir Canyon Road & Hwy 91)
Time: 7:00am….leave at 8:00am sharp
Cruise in to Knotts together hopefully being paced by Steve Grant.

Sunday Noon VMF pic:
Where: meet at the prior year’s award winner (what-ever that was) in the center grass area (actual pic location to be determined there, look for a large group in a daze).
Time: 12:00pm, noon

Sunday those who stayed over Dinner:
Where: Knotts Hotel (all-u-can-eat BBQ)
When: 6:30pm

That’s about it. It should be a great week-end as usual. The Saturday dinner has room for 100 people.
See you all there.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
What weekend is this scheduled for? The post does not give me any dates, so I don't know what weekend you are talking about.

My family is planning a Southern California vacation over Spring Break (end of March), including Knott's for a day. So if this coincides with our trip I would like to catch up with some of this event.

Tom

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Knott's is Sunday, April 9, 2006 this year.

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
Bummer, I will be leaving a week too early.

Tom
Check with Johnpro about that. He used that approach with Hot August Nights a few years ago and it seemed to work out OK for him. ::

1 - 6 of 6 Posts