Vintage Mustang Forums banner
41 - 60 of 86 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
This thread has been kinda quiet lately, so ...

I just wanted to introduce myself as I'm new to the forums. I'm married, 31 yrs old, and I recently moved to Glenn Dale, MD (PG County), but I've lived all over the Northern Virginia area -- Lake Ridge, Fair Lakes, Fairfax, Springfield, & Manassas -- so I'm used to the long drives to friend's houses. I'm interested and willing to help out with projects when I can -- seems like I'm always doing one project or the other on my cars. I'm a "shade-tree mechanic" at best as I've learned what I do know from my father and my uncles over the years, but I'm always out to learn something new. So, if nothing else I can be an extra set of hands to help where needed.

~ Nate Z.

· Incorporated Sell Out
17,273 Posts
Welcome aboard Nate. This time of year it's pretty quiet (too damn cold in the garage) around here. Once the weather breaks we start up in earnest! Come on springtime!!
Cold? Cold? We don't fear no stinking cold ;)

· Registered
6 Posts
Welcome aboard Nate. This time of year it's pretty quiet (too damn cold in the garage) around here. Once the weather breaks we start up in earnest! Come on springtime!!
Thanks for the welcome.

I hear ya. I'm gonna hate seeing next month's electric bill, because I've had 3 oil-filled radiator heaters going in the garage while I've been in there. I gotta say it keeps it VERY warm, tho. Been doing mostly minor Winter projects despite telling myself I wouldn't, but so far so good. Now if I can convince my wife that we need a t.v. out there, I'd be set!

· Registered
6 Posts
Cable is already in place for a t.v. (thanks to the previous owner of the house) and I also have wireless internet in the house. Funny you mention that, since I use my laptop in the garage regularly. Seein how I'm no expert mechanic, I take pics of everything, to make sure I put it back together right, and I keep the photos on the computer. It's sad, I know. If that computer ever dies, I'll be in the hurt locker.

· Registered
3,459 Posts
Man, what a cool idea for a sticky post! I can do brakes, suspension, engine, Holley carb tuning, R&R any part on any Mustang, and work metal. I'll be in MD after the 17th and I'll be sure to check back in then.

I can hoist a jack, I can lay a track. . .

Robert

· Registered
85 Posts
Hey everyone, Im not really new to the VMF, but I am pretty new to the Mid Atlantic Chapter. I Live in Montgomery County, MD, and I have a few projects that are in need of some help, mainly floorpans, which I have for the '64 coupe, but not for the '70 fastback... (Gotta start getting them together so I can show my Dad and His '67 Pontiac GTO :no: that Ford is Better! :: :highfive:) Also, If you know anyone thats interested in a 66 coupe project car... well I have 2!! :biggrin: Thanks Alot!
-Sean K.

· Registered
3,459 Posts
OK, I'm finally online here in Essex, MD. I don't know how available I'll be since I only have 1 day off a week, Sunday. But if you're close and I can make it there, you'll have an extra hand for whatever the project may be. I may be working 7-12s in April, so. . . PM me!

Robert

o

· Incorporated Sell Out
17,273 Posts
OK, I'm finally online here in Essex, MD. I don't know how available I'll be since I only have 1 day off a week, Sunday. But if you're close and I can make it there, you'll have an extra hand for whatever the project may be. I may be working 7-12s in April, so. . . PM me!

Robert

o
Welcome to the rust belt...er...I mean beltway.

· Registered
96 Posts
Well i am sure you all have heard everthing before. Here goes my story. I bought a 65 mustang Coupe, My first car and i was ripped off becasue of lack of knowledge and experince and i trusted the wrong person. I then took the car to a supposed mustang guru and i was ripped off once again.I have put in all my money so i cant quit right now. The car needs new floors, that is the only major issue left. My car is located in the bronx,ny and i would love to get some help doing the interior and welding the floor in. My guages and lights work sometime i have no idea what si wrong with ,but i haev a used under dash wiring if its needed to be replaced. I need help ....... I will make time if anyone can help.

· Incorporated Sell Out
17,273 Posts
Well i am sure you all have heard everthing before. Here goes my story. I bought a 65 mustang Coupe, My first car and i was ripped off becasue of lack of knowledge and experince and i trusted the wrong person. I then took the car to a supposed mustang guru and i was ripped off once again.I have put in all my money so i cant quit right now. The car needs new floors, that is the only major issue left. My car is located in the bronx,ny and i would love to get some help doing the interior and welding the floor in. My guages and lights work sometime i have no idea what si wrong with ,but i haev a used under dash wiring if its needed to be replaced. I need help ....... I will make time if anyone can help.
You might find more help in the Northeast regional. NY is a little further north than we cover in this regional. I feel you pain about rust though but I am sure it will work out with VMF help.

· Registered
96 Posts
I will post in the northeast region but they dont seem to have a project list and so forth. I thank you for your response but as you probably can tell i am beginning to get a little bit desperate

· Registered
223 Posts
Hey - 1968 Coupe, complete strip down and rebuild.
Strip down - Done
Rust repair - 70% done
*Could really use someone who's GOOD at welding to
make sure this thing stays together once it's done.
Install Griggs Racing suspension.
Paint strip - TBD
Paint - TBD
Engine - 289 stroked to 331 - As soon as someone wants to help me.
Car drove home, it's been sitting in my parents garage in shambles for about 5 years now. The front end is completely rebuilt, the rest of the rust repairs are looking pretty good. I just need to find someone to go over my welds with a fine tooth comb and probably redo about 1/2 of them that I know are questionable but I don't have the skill to properly redo without destroying the metal.

· Registered
12 Posts
i have a 67 coupe and i'm trying to decide if i should get it back from the guy i have working on it... (i would have done the work myself but if I do it and it's less than awesome i know i couldn't live with myself) and just do it myself. it still needs the headliner put in, the front and back windshields put in, the carpeting, dash, door panels and a few other little things... the seats are already re-covered. my step dad has offered to help some, but neither one of us are experts... so if anyone might have some experience with interiors and might want to join in let me know!! i don't know when this might go down but if i knew i could get a little help it would motivate me to get the car back in my own garage and get it done... or any tips for me? i would love to do it myself... it's the best feeling in the world to drive something you've worked on.... :: thanks for your help!!!

41 - 60 of 86 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.