Vintage Mustang Forums banner

VMF MAC Project List

18348 Views 85 Replies 30 Participants Last post by  BrianBodzenta
Okay MAC-Daddies (and MAC-Mommies), here's the plan.

We want everyone in the MAC area (that's the Mid-Atlantic Chapter area) that is looking for help on a project or is looking to help somebody else on a project to post here.

FOR THOSE WITH PROJECTS:
Please post the PROJECT TYPE (replacing an engine, digging a ditch, etc.), the PROJECT DATE AND TIME you expect it to occur, and the PROJECT LOCATION (and I don't mean your backyard, I mean city and state).

FOR THOSE WITH NO PROJECTS:
Anybody available to help on a project should post WHEN you can help on a project, the DISTANCE you can travel for the project, and any EXPERIENCE you may have on that type of project. If you see a project you can work on, PM that individual for their phone, address, directions, etc. Please try to keep your personal information personal.

Remember, the MAC covers DE, MD, PA, WV, VA, and NJ, but feel free to volunteer for projects and post your projects to everyone on VMF.

TK (aka Neil, the MAC Presidente-by-lackus-of-votus)
61 - 80 of 86 Posts

· Registered
562 Posts
Hey all -

The brown truck dropped off a gift of wheel adapters to me today. :)

I'm taking my "new" rims this weekend to the quarter scrub to make them look all pretty.

I'm planning on doing my 1'' Shelby drop on Saturday the 13th of May. If anyone is interested in providing mental and moral support while tossing back a couple cold ones, I'd be quite hospitable. Ohh - and if they have a spring compressor - that would be an added bonus and I would reward them with their choice of brew. :joker:

Some of you know, I reside in Leesburg, Virginia - 20176 (mapquest).

PM me if your interested.

Thanks for looking

-Studiopet-

· Registered
666 Posts
I'm willing to throw in a couple of hands for really any project.

I need me some learnin'.

I'm still stripping paint and would like to have an expierienced eye to look over my project for opinions and such.

I'm in Western PA near rte 28.

· Registered
463 Posts
Anybody use this anymore? It looks like alot of the posts are fairly old. I am in Central PA if anyone is close and can help out on welding email PM or get ahold of me somehow??? I am doing floors, toeboards, seat risers etc.

· Registered
463 Posts
That seems to be the common thread that binds spider with everyone I talked to. So that is why I am looking for a welder. I found a lincoln sp175 for 500 comes with an auto darkening mask. I may pick it up this weekend.

· Incorporated Sell Out
17,273 Posts
We haven't set an 'official' project up in some time. In fact I think the last one was Studiopets brakes back when he was still in Afghanistan.

I know I can't weld ;)

· Registered
1,654 Posts
Not sure if this is active but I'm willing to help out with projects in and around Delaware/SE PA/south Jersey. I'm low on experience and looking to gain some.

· Incorporated Sell Out
17,273 Posts
Doing some work on the death trap this weekend.

Pulling up the motor, changing the fuel pump, fixing the header leak and dropping it back in. If time and energy prevail...swapping the fuel lines from the tank to the pump.

Anyone is welcome to come buy and drink a pint or two and point and laugh. Send me a PM if you want to help or hang out. Don is already coming by to help ;)

· Incorporated Sell Out
17,273 Posts
Saturday. 9am and on. I don't think it will take all day. I'm going to try and cheap a little and see if simply jacking it off the motor mount will get me the clearance I need.

If it doesn't....well one header off and I can get it out.

· Registered
1 Posts
Hello all! I have been priodically watching the VMF for ideas and advice lurking. I just retired from the Navy and am now permanently located in VA with a new job. I have good backyard mechanic skills and willing to help where I can. I am waiting on the power company to hook up power to my newly built, detached, 3 stall, Mustang palace so that I can start burning holes in my 70 project. Looking forward to taking part in whatever I can.

· Registered
351 Posts
1968 Fastback Project

I have a 1968 fastback with shelby fiberglass parts already installed. I need help with pretty much everything.

However, for now, I'm looking for help on body work (incl. rust restoration) and paint. I'm flexible with the time-frame but sooner is better than later.:D

I'm in Silver Spring, MD.

Thanks ... Jose

· Registered
11 Posts
Hi, my name is Trysche (pronounced Trish) I am new to the forum and just purchased my first mustang, 68 meadowlark yellow convertible. I had a 76 in high school & college, but a 18 wheeler took it out. I have no idea where to start, does anyone have some suggestions? The car runs, no rust, I have ordered some books and manuals. Other than that, I want to get her on the road! I am in the Catonsville area, so glad to see many of you from the Balto-Wash area too. Thanks!

· Registered
124 Posts
I just went through getting mine on the road for the first time... what engine do you have? Has it been driven a lot or was it sitting for a while?

I'm learning as I go with mine, so maybe some experienced guys can give better advice, but I'd say start with fixing anything that could hurt the engine... find out how if the fuel tank is rusted inside (or just drop a new one in, they're cheap), clean out the fuel lines, and put a new fuel filter in... change the oil and filter... stuff like that.

Then do an engine tune-up - distributor cap and rotor, plugs, wires, coil, air cleaner, all that good stuff, and see how it runs.

Also make sure your brakes are solid before you take it out anywhere.. My first project when I got mine was to replace EVERYTHING just to be sure. New lines, hoses, master cylinder, and rebuilt all the drums. It's easy to do even if you're new to cars, and you can make sure it's safe.

61 - 80 of 86 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.