Vintage Mustang Forums banner
81 - 86 of 86 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Thank you for the info, I have a 200 I6 as well. I had brakes at the top of my list, but adding the rest now. I'll let you know how it goes, I really appreciate it!

Update:
I got her on the road last night, all belts and hoses are new, some issues with the lights, turn signals, battery draining fast, it think its the the starter solenoid, since some of the wiring looks a littled melted, and she has a small exhaust leak. I am going to clean her up and give her a tune up and go from there. I definately need to address the gas tank, there is no barrier.

· Registered
124 Posts
If you have trouble tracking down the battery drain, check your voltage regulator too. Mine had the original one with points and it would get stuck and completely drain my battery after a few days. I put a new solid state one on, and haven't had the problem since.

· Registered
11 Posts
I did an oil change, tuneup, replaced the cellinoid, put air in the tires, the brakes are still drum and I am going to change them in the fall before I put her away, I do need to replace the coil and alternator. The car hasn't been restored,but it has been maintained, I am guessing this is grandmom's first car that probably been inherited and then sold a couple times. It has a 22 gallon tank. I am lucky I have a friend who is a mechanic and doesn't mind me getting in the way and slowing him down. and I have the peace of mind that he's watching me work to make sure I am doing things correctly. Good luck with your car, email pics and project updates time to time, I really would like to see how it turned out.

· Registered
94 Posts
I just found out about this group and I'm happy to lend whatever help I can from my base in Richmond VA. I'm not a bad bondoman and I'm learning to weld so there's that. I can also help n00bs with stuff like timing chains, water pumps, stuff like that. I have a 200/C4 Falcon as a daily driver and my 2 Mustang projects are currently very low priorities. But the Falcon almost counts as a Mustang project...

Also I travel from Richmond to Syracuse and Cleveland fairly often, and I'm always happy to carry something bulky or heavy to save you on shipping costs. I plan on going to Cleveland very soon, as soon as it warms up. PM me with interest b/c otherwise I might not always check this thread regularly.

81 - 86 of 86 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.