Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This new log in crap is such bull****. I haven't been able to log in for over a month. Every time I try to, I have to reset my password, and then the site doesn't remember or recognize it. Yeah, we need to watch out for cyber terrorism here. Nice work guys.

·
Registered
10,176 Posts
Once I got back on after redoing my password and then forgetting and emailing the admin before they emailed me back I remembered it and used the option box to keep me logged in. hope I don't need it again because I'll have to start over

·
Registered
5,737 Posts
i changed my password once and that was it. all is fine for me.
Same here. Not sure why you are having trouble. The problem could be at your end (settings, etc). Have you tried contacting the forum owners?

Paul

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
There is the option to "Remember Me" when logging in. However, I believe that tells the uses browser to remember the login information. The VMF site itself doesn't remember one's login - it probably puts a cookie or setting in the user's browser to help it "remember" the login. If a user has the browser settings to delete all browsing history, cookies, settings, etc upon exit, then all that info gets wiped out. When the user goes back to the VMF site, that information is no longer available.

To the OP - check your browser settings. That's where the problem lies.

·
Registered
5,737 Posts
Pulls out knife, cuts 71steed, and pours a little salt in.

I just let chrome remember the log in credentials for me...

Allen
You may want to self inflict now because I dont think that is the OPs problem.

Like I said the OP should probably try resetting his browser and/or contacting the forum owners.

Paul

·
Registered
5,167 Posts
You may want to self inflict now because I dont think that is the OPs problem.

Like I said the OP should probably try resetting his browser and/or contacting the forum owners.

Paul
Well now we can be at a stand off as I think if he lets his browser remember his credentials he won't have to...

Allen

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
I think this only "remembers" your log in name...

Everything else I agree with.
Allen - I know with Chrome, which I use exclusively, remembers the password too. It saves it in an encrypted file, and as the user, I can open the file and see where and what passwords are saved.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Same here. Not sure why you are having trouble. The problem could be at your end (settings, etc). Have you tried contacting the forum owners?

Paul
The links that kept popping up as I was trying to update were dead end loops. As with a lot of other things,I like the way it was ten years ago.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Quit worrying about your wife checking your browser history and change your "delete all" settings when the browser is closed, especially cookies! Haha ;)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts