Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Friday's seem to be getting "busy' here lately, so let's try a THURSDAY Picture of the Week! ::

Gene_J submitted this fine "modified" shock tower photo - Who can come up with the BEST caption for it???

This week's prize? - The satisfaction of hearing Mustang fans around the world chuckle! ::

http://www.hrsciences.com/image66convert/D%20Tower.jpg

Give it your best shot!!! :)

·
Registered
5,583 Posts
Yes Just like the ehay add said special shelby mods, not listed in registry this was secret project and only one left in the world that why its 40k as is.

Mark

·
Premium Member
412 Posts
"This car is Rust-Free, and Origonal. Shock Tower Holes? No, those holes are there to help cool the brakes off. Shelby only Modification."

SprintCC

·
Registered
5,152 Posts
This precision work was measured with a micrometer, marked with chalk and cut with an axe. Notice the benefit of extra engine cooling via the flow through these fine mud puddle ports. Cad drawings for this mod are available on request.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I'm gonna find that squeaking mouse if it's the last thing I do!

·
Registered
5,527 Posts
"Look, just cut holes in the shock towers to grease the uppers. It's not like these cars are ever going to be collectable anyway. Sheesh, they made millions of them. Now, take our 1978 King Cobra. That is a collectable."

·
Registered
14,601 Posts
"Whadaya mean those aren't where you put the holes for a shelby A-arm drop...and what the hell is a doofus, anyway?"

·
Premium Member
11,702 Posts
"See Marv, I told you it was running too hot. Them headers melted right through the shock tower."

"Huh. Welp Vern, at least now it'll be easy to grease them uppers"

·
Registered
858 Posts
"Easy access for your springs and shocks! GREAT for Eleanor CLONES!" ::

·
Banned
4,577 Posts
Who say's you have to raise the big block to change the spark plugs! ::

OR

Now you tell me I can get to the spark plugs from inside the engine bay! :eek:

·
Registered
7,671 Posts
I'm telling you, it will fit!!! All we need is a little heat, push the part back where it hits, lower the motor, a little more maybe and there ya go!
A 351M in an early Mustang!

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
After he had removed the engine and cut away the shock tower to hopefully expose the "hidden bolts" that held the wheels on, Billy Bob's SWMBO pointed out that the hubcaps could be removed, exposing the "hidden" lug nuts... ::

Billy Bob received the VMF Doofus Award. :D

·
Registered
506 Posts
"Looky here boy, that sucker has custom upper access holes, I'll throw them in fer free!" ::

1 - 20 of 42 Posts