Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This one ought to be fun...

Who can come up with the BEST / FUNNIEST caption for this photo???

http://a2.cpimg.com/image/DE/93/20225502-414a-028001E0-.jpg

Just to give a little background (for those who need "inspiration"), those are the front tires off roadracer's 66 Shelby. After the throttle hung open and spun his Paxton'd SB up to 8000 rpm, he locked the front brakes, and ruined this brand new pair of Hoosiers.... :eek:

·
Registered
7,979 Posts
Remember: First the gas, THEN the brake, then the gas, then the brake, etc. - not both at once.

John Harvey

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
A Hoosier with a bald spot? Those are Gene Kedey Tires!

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
" I swear Dad! I was doing 45 minding my own business when this dog just ran out in front of me".

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Original Shelby Racing tire, Used by Parnelli Jones. First run Hoosier tire! Only $2000 on E-hay! Item number #2stupid2knowbetter Rim not included! Only shown for picture purposes.

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not realizing that the VMF Burnout contest was the PRIOR week, roadracer does a BEAUTIFUL 4-wheel burnout in his 2-wheel drive car....
OR
Just a little combover ought to hide THAT bald spot...
OR
Not the first time I've worn a hole in rubber - have you met my son??? :eek:

·
Registered
804 Posts
Yeah, well, I tried to stop before plowing into my mother-in-law, but for some reason the throttle got hung up and wound the engine to 8000 RPM. RUINED A BRAND NEW SET OF HOOSIERS!!!

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
I BRAKE FOR REDLINES ::

G

·
0 Posts
Honey, you know how you say I spend too much time racing and not enough time with the kids? Well, today, I started building a tire swing for them.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Do you think thats what caused the thump-thump noise I was hearing?

·
Registered
9,844 Posts
After the "incident", Charlie decided that an anti-lock braking system would be a good thing to have.

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
SWMBO: Honeyyyyy, I think somethings wrong with the car...

·
Registered
81 Posts
"You wouldn't want me to run over that poor little bunny--would ya honney???"

1 - 20 of 42 Posts