Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We got back from our big Pony Trails yesterday and a whole bunch of us PNW VMF folks gathered over at Stroked66's house. We had all the cars lined up in the cul de sac for a group photo.
http://memimage.cardomain.com/member_images/8/web/368000-368999/368008_29_full.jpg

After a while one of the neighbors came out and was checking out the cars. Then out came his wife. Britton (6T6Mustang) noticed that the gentleman was taking great interest, and an unusual amount of time checking out his car. So he struck up a conversation. Seems the man had one like it way back when they were new and wishes he'd never sold it.

After a while the couple come back out with cameras in tow to get some pictures themselves.

After a bit of encouragement, Britton went back and talked with the gentelman again.
http://memimage.cardomain.com/member_images/8/web/368000-368999/368008_30_full.jpg

This time he offerred the keys to his unrestored 64 1/2 coupe for a drive!
http://memimage.cardomain.com/member_images/8/web/368000-368999/368008_31_full.jpg
Soon, we'd convined his wife (OK, it didn't take much convincing) to go along for a ride.
http://memimage.cardomain.com/member_images/8/web/368000-368999/368008_32_full.jpg

They were gone for quite a while and I wish you could have seen the grins on their faces when they returned. It was priceless. The whole day was great, but that is one special memory there. Not only for us VMF'ers but for the couple. I love the people of the VMF, especially the Northwest folks.

I thought you'd enjoy the story.

·
Banned
5,578 Posts
Did they finally return? I was beginning to worry.

·
Premium Member
2,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Uh... I think you got it backwards John. The NorCal VMF'ers make themselves look bad by talking a bunch and not following through. :: See you in Des Moines next year!

·
Premium Member
7,773 Posts
That's great! Sounds like the same sort of thing that most VMFers I know would do!

It's funny, when it comes down to it, it's the people here that really make VMF a pretty special place. I've made some of the finest friends of my life here - I think some folks lose sight of that if they actually get caught up in technicalities of how the forum works. Stories like this one and hundreds of others make all the other stuff seem like exactly what it is: meaningless.

I have to get out there and visit you guys in the PNW soon...

-bob

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Wow, what an awesome post!!! :) The story is great, and the pictures of all the stangs parked in the cul de sac is truly cool. No wonder the neighbors came out to look!!!

The picture of the gentlman in 6T6's stang giving the thumbs up is priceless!!! That you could have captured that man's excitement and emotion and share it with us is truly remarkable. And a big thanks to 6T6 for his generousity with his car! You guys up there are a great bunch. I feel fortunate to have met some of you at the Corn Feed.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
That is a great story. And great pictures.

I would have been nervous letting them drive my can but it sure would have been worth it after seeing those smiles on their faces.

·
Premium Member
3,825 Posts
Thanks for all the kind words from everyone... This guy was shocked when I asked if he wanted to take it out for a spin. He said driving the car made his weekend...

The PNW VMFer's are a great bunch of guys. I had a blast yesterday with everyone!!!

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
I think you gave him something to remember for many years . How many people do you know who would say " pops , want to take thecar for a spin '. Way to go Britton .

·
Registered
221 Posts
I bet they are thinking about going out and buying them a Stang now. :)

·
Registered
14,601 Posts
That was a very classy move Britton, I'm proud to know ya!
That couple sure had a great time...I'm really glad he took you up on the offer. For a few seconds there I thought they'd made a break for Canada! ;)

·
Premium Member
4,928 Posts
You folks out there need ta keep in mind that Brit (6T6)just turned 21.... no he's not a "kid".... He's quite the young gentleman....Not sure I know many "kids" that would have turned over their keys.... ::

1 - 14 of 14 Posts