Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy ya'll...I just moved to school out at Texas Tech, GO RAIDERS!!!!! and I just wanted to see if there were any vmfer's out here in the Lubbock/Levelland/West Texas Area. Anyway, just saying hi. I'd love to come and see some other mustangs and meet some fellow enthusiasts! Unfortunantly, my car is still at home, but hopefully someday, far far away, that I will be able to bring it out here to school. Later

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
Make sure you check into Hurtle's VMF Locator . Sign in, enter your information and then check for VMFers close to you. It's a good start..but there are still a lot of VMFers not signed into the list so there will be more out there.
Welcome to the Texas VMFers...hope to see you around.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Welcome Matthew and you will like Texas. I am from Natchez myself,and only go back to visit. I am not in your neck of the woods, but maybe we will meet some day. Get that education because it is a dog eat dog world out there and things are moving over seas quicker than you think.
Troy

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
I lived in lubbock for 2 years and was born in plainview 40 miles north, make sure you go to josies mexican resteraunt on brownsville highway and gotta get some fried cheese mozzerella sticks at spankys near tech on university i believe...have fun lubbock can be a blast ...exept driving forever to get a brew......

·
Registered
91 Posts
My bro went to Tech last year, now hes here like bum paying off a crappy import. :p Anyways welcome!

·
Registered
279 Posts
Matt, Welcome to the Flatland! I live 15 miles S.E. of Lubbock in Slaton. PM me and let me know how to reach you and we can meet for lunch sometime. Just to let you know, the people of West Texas are the friendliest people in the world, but a huge number of them don't drive any better than the average chimpanzee. WATCH YOUR SELF IN LUBBOCK, MANY PEOPLE THINK REDLIGHTS ARE STOPPING OPTIONAL. (I know I'm yelling and I'm doing it for a reason.) Anyway, I welcome you and hope your time here is enjoyable and educational.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Go War Eagles!
I grew up in Columbus, Miss., did undergrad in Jackson, Miss., got my heart busted by a pretty thang in Meridian , Miss., and got my butt to Texas as soon as possible thereafter! Yee-haw. Boy, am I glad I'm a Texan! (you have to live here 10 years and own cowboy boots to claim to be a Texan)
BTW--If you get a chance, try Spud-nuts in your area. No, its not what you're thinking, Grasshopper. Spud-nuts are potatoe-based doughnuts that are to die for. I know guys that work the railroad and take assignments to the panhandle just to eat Spud-nuts. Haven't seen 'em anywhere but Lubbock/Plainview.

G

·
0 Posts
Welcome to West Texas. I live in Midland, about 100 miles south. There are two car shows comming up that you might want to check out. Sept 6 in Midland is the West Texas Cruisers show ( I will enter this show). The other is on September 30 in Denver City, which is about 70 miles southwest (get a map0. This is a big show with lots of different kinds of cars. You might also try contacting the Lubbock Mustang Club (go to the web) and get hooked up with some mustang nuts.
http://a1.cpimg.com/image/1B/19/18618651-42dd-02000180-.jpg

G

·
0 Posts
Welcome to West Texas. Even though I live and work in the Azores 10 months out of the year, My ponies are garaged at the farm near Stanton which is 100 miles south of Lubbock. Remember the old song, "Happiness is Lubbock in my rear view miror?" You'll soon find out why the song was written. :) :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts