Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Gone but never forgetten
25,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Sacramento Area Mustang Club hosted the 7th anual Mustangs and Fords in the Park today. We had a great time with a gaggle of VMFers (considering the ones attending, gaggle would be a very good description).

In attendence today was stangwithbeat, ragtop, sacbill, sac69 (without his sportsroof), mach1me, 03Rcode, new member 67aqua (hope I got your handle right, as I didn't get a chance to meet you), and the VMF police showed up for crowd control ... kbmwrs. Oh, and of course me - complete with black hat and dark glasses.

Missing in action, as usual was 70sportsroof.

We had a great time, and SacBill and 67aqua tied for second place in the '67/'68 stock category.

Thanks for those that came out. Here's some pics of today's show. At the end is some impromptu VMF member shots.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Uh oh....I don't even qualify as missing in action anymore? ::

Sorry I missed a great show. Nice pics, looks like there was a lot of nice cars there.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I was there also! Couldn't get there until 2:15 and the awards were just being handed out. Unfortunitely, I dont know what any of youz look like and I didnt know about any VMF centeral meeting location.

I was pretty surpised that everyone bailed out so fast after the awards. I think by 2:35 about 70% had already left!

There is one car at the show that I see at every show I go to, "Plum 302" or is it "Plum Crazy". Who is this guy on the VMF?

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
AUUGHH!! ***pulls hair and slaps forehead!*** I FORGOT! I was even in the darned area yesterday too!! Was doing some heavy duty shopping as Sacramento Vintage Fords (It's a bad thing to leave the building with a shopping cart), even stopped by American Mustang ( I think thats what they are called) for a sending unit. I can't believe I thought it was next weekend. DOOFUS. Looks like a missed a good show!

·
Gone but never forgetten
25,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You would have seen me right after the awards giving a jump start to another '66 with a dead battery at the east end of the park. Yeah, everyone bailed quickly, including me. I was the show chairman last year and the year before, so was one of the first in and last out both years. It felt to good to be back in my garage by 3:00 yesterday, adjusting the valves on my daughter's car :D

Sorry I missed you ... you should go down to the BAMA show with us in 2 weeks.

·
Gone but never forgetten
25,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Rob, you're just missing in action all the time now :(
Oh, unless it's an opportunity for you to make all of our cars look wimpy at the track ::

I listed Ken to give him a hard time. He came over to my place on Thursday night to power wash his engine bay and undercarriage. He asked, "I've got tomorrow off, should I rebuild my carburator, or wait 'till after the show?" Bill and I unanimously agreed ... "if you take that carb off, something will happen and you won't be at the show ... WAIT UNTIL SUNDAY." I'm not sure if that's why he didn't show, but ...

·
Gone but never forgetten
25,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My 2 year-old helped out with the Falcon Wagon yesterday
It's always been amazing to me how much their "help" slows things down. And you know what? My kids are 18 and 19 now and their help STILL slows things down *LOL*. But, yes, you gotta love it ::

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Doofus is RIGHT! If you were at American Mustang, you were about 3 miles away from the show! Are you going to the BAMA show in 2 weeks?
Even bigger DOOFUS!

God and Panel project willing yes.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
John,
I just had to give you a little bit of a hard time. :: It sounds like Ken didn't take your guys advice, and rebuilt his carb.

I totally forgot about the show, until friday. Or I would have cleaned the car up and brought it down. Short term memory...wish I had one. LOL.

I'm trying to find an excuse to come down there...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts