Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To the guys who attended the OCMC show in orange last Sunday, How did you all do? Any awards? Not me, but I wasn't really expecting one, especially with the quality of cars that were in my class. I was in class m. There was a really clean"Red" 66 GT parked to my left with alot of personalized extras that really set the car off. as a matter of fact he took 1st place. And parked on my right a really clean "Black" Vert. that tied for second making my "Burgundy" Coupe invisiable to passers by. Oh well I had fun anyway! I don't know if other shows give you a vote tally or not but I personally would have liked to know if I received any, other than my own, for reassurance that all the preperation work to make your car ready was appreciated at least by some.
Dave

·
Registered
305 Posts
I was able to go to the show saw your car it looked great. I did not take my car as it is not show worthy.

·
Registered
699 Posts
I was the white fastback on the end of your m class. I was also in m. I didn't win anything either but I also didn't expect to. I've added the red stripe since my car picture was taken.

MustangMike65 (I think that is his alias) won the 65 stock fastback category I believe. I've seen his all black fastback at other shows.

A daily driver (as mine is) will never be as sharp as the cars that are paraded out just for shows. I never expect to win anything. The kicker is that it takes more work to get a daily driver ready for a show. I try to take pride in having a clean sparkling car that is driven everyday as compared to the cars that live under covers in garages.

Kevin

G

·
0 Posts
Fist off, a tip of the hat to all of you who entered.

MustangMark's 65 K GT fastback was a full-on frame off resto with every (and I mean every) nut and bolt replaced. A thoroughly impressive resto job and he actually takes it out and drives it! I couldn't make the show, I was working on my Stang!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts