Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Folks!

I finished my Vortech install over a year ago and never shared. I wanted to share a few pics of how it turned out. I went with a V3 SCi running with the 3.125 pulley making 9-11psi depending on the temperature outside. It was a kit designed for 86-93 Foxbody cars and it bolted on pretty uneventfully. I was going to write a how-to because there is not much info online but the install really just didn't require one. If you can follow Vortech's directions, you are set. The only modifications required were a little trimming to the charge pipe and a little trimming to the alternator mounting tab. Everything else bolts right on if you are running Foxbody serpentine front accessories. I am using their FMU with 24lb injectors. I Plan to ditch the FMU and switch to Pro-M's Engine management computer/harness system with much larger injectors this year to make the most of this cars potential. If anyone has any questions before they attempt this, I am happy to share my experiences. Oh, and with the 306, TFS 170's, Explorer intake, 4r70w, 3.25:1 trackloc, the car is a blast to drive! 1st and 2nd gear go up in smoke!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Beautiful car and install. Must be a hoot! Something I’d love to add to my 306 someday. Thanks for sharing.. making me think someday might come sooner. lol

·
Registered
65 Fastback, 5.0 supercharged, EFI, coil over strut front suspension,4 link rear
21 Posts
Nice car, very clean 5.0 EFI install, I'm curious...didn't see a TFI module on the distributor and the supply and return fuel lines seem to exit at the rear of the engine, are the fuel rails and distributor from another Ford other than a Foxbody?

·
Dimples
5,133 Posts
Man, that looks like fun. I really dig the paint treatment on the Exploder intake. Fits in nicely with the valve covers.

edit: which export brace is that?

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
Great work! Keeping the serpentine setup does make it easier. With the A/C and the condensor hope you keep it from overheating.

Took me a while but got my setup running cool with a huge rad and 2 puller/1 pusher combo.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts