Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

My car is going to be painted in a few weeks and I still can't decide what colour I want. It's a 65 coupe and the interior is all black. I was leaning towards Candy Apple Red but I've also considered Rangoon Red, Vintage Burgundy and Silver Blue. I'm probably going to sell this car in a few years so resale value must be considered.

So what's your vote? Highest # of votes is what I will paint it. :D

·
Premium Member
3,428 Posts
What is the original color? How original is the car? The closer it is to original the more likely I'd keep it original. Even though it's a coupe, originality still counts some.
Other than that; they don't call it resell red for nothing. ::, but pick a color that doesn't fight the black interior. (what happens if your highest vote is aqua or something) aqua/black interior :p

·
Registered
111 Posts
hello,

i would go w/ your first color. if you want it candy apple, paint it candy apple. most people like to say "i have a candy apple mustang".

·
Registered
69 Posts
purple. definitley purple. ;)

·
Registered
865 Posts
The best color pick is silver/blue with the blue and white pony interior. ::

·
Registered
7,032 Posts
I'd say if it's a mostly stock car, you might want to consider going with the original color. Not knowing that, my pick of the ones you listed would be vintage burgundy.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Ill vote with the 'dog and say PURPLE. Second choice CA Red...(AKA Resale Red)

·
Banned
5,578 Posts
There's a reason it's nicknamed "resale red".

But, I'm partial to Vintage Burgundy.

·
Registered
379 Posts
i vote lime gold. i mean dont we all just love lime gold. :D

·
Registered
742 Posts
I vote for Rangoon Red...but maybe I'm a little biased :: This color is a liitle more orange than candyapple during the day time, but in the evening or shaded area is a true red color with nice highlights.It is also the stock red color for your 65. (There is a reason why magazines show more red cars on the covers than any other color)

My second choice is for the Siver blue with the blue white pony interior, which I think looks fantastic.

Truth of the matter is almost any fresh paint that has been applied corectly will look great!!! Yes even Slime Gold!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts