Vintage Mustang Forums banner

Wagner PCV Valve Is The Greatest

3849 36
I have a 5.0 in my 66 with Edelbrock Heads, Roller Rockers, a Trickflo cam, Proflo 4 injection and long tube headers. The engine runs great and makes 340 hp at the crank. I installed the Wagner PCV because I was getting oil mist from the breathers. Along with the Wagner valve, I have a small Moroso catch can and Billet Specialties baffled valve covers. In fine tuning everything, I ended up using the Fixed Orfice mode as outlined in the Wagner shop manual and actually fine tuning the valve by making very small adjustments by driving. After several trips on the highway and around town I finally have everything dIaled in so there are no leaks or oil mist residue anywhere. The car recently was displayed at the entrance of of the Summit Racing warehouse in Arlington, TX for over a month without a spot underneath. Gene Wagner's customer service is amazing and the valve really works. I've had over ten hot rods and my 66 is the first one that does not leak oil anywhere!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

· Registered
7,698 Posts
They just work! And the most complete instructions and spares I have ever seen!

· Premium Member
1966 GT 4spd
2,247 Posts
Glad to hear the endorsement again!!

I have the valve patiently sitting in its box waiting for a new engine.

Where is your valve placed? Its hard to tell from your pics.

Chris

· Registered
807 Posts
Nice set-up! I have a very similar combo, with Sniper EFI. Car runs awesome. I have the the black crinkle Ford Racing Valve Covers and matching Ford breathers. I get some oil on the top of the valve cover from the breathers - they get oil vapor build up, then drip a little. I am thinking of either running a catch can, or swap one of the breathers to the model that has a tube port, and connect that tube to the manifold vacuum port on the Sniper. Any suggestions on what's better way to go?

PS - your engine bay is awesome!

· Registered
67 Mustang 351w
808 Posts
How did you hide all the wires from the ProFlo4?
Yes, please explain how you did this. I am about to start the wiring process on mine.

· Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Where is your valve placed? Its hard to tell from your pics. I have it mounted horizontally on the firewall.

Any suggestions on what's better way to go? I have a regular Billet Specialties Breather on the driver's side and a vented one on the passenger side along with a small Moroso catch can. A hose runs from the passenger side breather to one side of the catch can. From the other side of the catch can, a hose runs to the Wagner PCV and from the PCV to the vacuum port on the fuel injection.

How did you hide all the wires from the ProFlo4? I ran the wires through the air gap on the Proflo intake manifold.

· VMF Ambassador
7,361 Posts
Dang! That is gooooood looking! Mine could realistically never look like that, but I sure wish it did!

Glad the Wagner valve is working out well for you. Never seen anyone use a PCV after the catch can - never occurred to me that you could do that! Cool stuff.

Reactions: Mac-427

· Premium Member
9,996 Posts
Where is your valve placed? Its hard to tell from your pics. I have it mounted horizontally on the firewall.

Any suggestions on what's better way to go? I have a regular Billet Specialties Breather on the driver's side and a vented one on the passenger side along with a small Moroso catch can. A hose runs from the passenger side breather to one side of the catch can. From the other side of the catch can, a hose runs to the Wagner PCV and from the PCV to the vacuum port on the fuel injection.

How did you hide all the wires from the ProFlo4? I ran the wires through the air gap on the Proflo intake manifold.
"From the other side of the catch can, a hose runs to the Wagner PCV and from the PCV to the vacuum port on the fuel injection." Therefore, If I'm following your hose routing, the bottom of the Wagner valve that would normally be inserted in the VC, is now routed to a Vac port?

· Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
"From the other side of the catch can, a hose runs to the Wagner PCV and from the PCV to the vacuum port on the fuel injection." Therefore, If I'm following your hose routing, the bottom of the Wagner valve that would normally be inserted in the VC, is now routed to a Vac port?
Yes, that's right. I checked my set up with Wagner and he said the valve will work horizontally and after the catch can. If I had wanted to hide it, I could have mounted it behind the engine with different length hoses. I wanted it in plain sight so I could tune it easily.

· Registered
12,487 Posts
I should have bought 2 of these valves..... we need to do another group buy.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts