Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
AKA Exchevman
5,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, we just got back from picking up the newest addition to the stable. 1970 sports roof, 351w that needs a lot of TLC. It has a 8" rear end :( so the 9" will be the first thing I start looking for. For now I have to keep tiggermom from salvaging / stealing parts that she thinks she needs from it.

Can any one say STROKER :: :: :: ::???

Peetttccheers will be coming shortly

Thank you to everyone who has helped us in this search, and especially a Big Thank You to SacBill, who saw this car first in Reno with Whisperer and didn't buy it, but passed the pictures and info on to tiggermom and I. Thanks again, we owe you a dinner.

·
Administrator
19,505 Posts
Congrats! Yes, pictures, please!

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
Good deal! Also, don't forget that the axles and brake setups on that 8" are the same as a 69-70 9".

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
congrats cant wait to see some pics. :)

·
Registered
873 Posts
Hey congrats!!!! Even without pics, I can tell, that'll be a nice ride :)....

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Alright!! You bought that Sportsroof? I thought that was a great deal on a good car. It will clean up really nice I'll bet. Seemed like a nasty nasty motor, make sure you go with the traction lock in that 9"......... you're sure going to need it........... *G*. Congratulations!

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Way to go! Now you two will be having different "dicussions" like us.

"How come we're taking YOUR car?"
"Because mine has a better cool factor"

"When are you going to put in those Halogen headlights you bought me?"
"I have to get my universals switched out. My universals are a bigger prioity than those lights"
"That's because it YOUR car"
::

·
7,065 Posts
Sounds like a most excellent project David. I'd like to be a fly on the wall when you and the Mrs. get into your first big argument about who's car takes priority on the next big project. You may have to build a second garage!

I like your stroker idea. A stroked windsor mated to a stout 9" will give you a lot of "tiresmokeability".

Have fun!

Phil

·
Gone but never forgetten
25,239 Posts
Hey, good job, David. We're going to have to give SacBill a special title around here. He's the one that located my son's '69 coupe as well. I'm glad you got the sportsroof instead of the coupe. I didn't want to say it, but I know if it were me, everytime I saw a sportsroof, after having bought a coupe, I'd just be drooling.

Now hopefully you can get this car moving along much sooner than my sportsroof!

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
WOW! Congrats! Can't wait to see pictures!! Allright! Welcome completely to Mustang Ownership!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts