Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wal-Mart gave us a $30 trade in on our old battery - So the new battery ($49) ended up only costing (is costing a real word??) us $15!!
I thought trade-ins only brought $5 - Did you all know about this prorated trade in deal Wal-mart has?

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
Sounds like they did not do the math correctly. Most places charge a core charge for a new battery which you get back when the old battery is returned. I've not heard of a retailer taking the core charge off the list price.

Retailers will pro-rate a refund on a failed item if it does not live up to its advertised life span. For example if battery fails at 48 months when it is a 60 month battery, you would get 20% refund.

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
you didn't get trade in but a prorated charge from your old battery. i put in a Wal Mart battery in my 6- cly for $30 and it has same warranty and all amps rating (coldcranking, etc.) as Motorcraft that was priced at $75. can't back away from that although i hate way Wal Mart bulls its way into little towns and drives all little businesses out. you can't beat their prices on item for item comparison. have had my battery here in Buffalo, NY for 3 years and start my car up every 3 weeks with no problelm. 3 or 4 years ago a VMFer had a consumers report giving them a favorable rating although i don't respect their ratings that much. back in '73 they said my Dodge Dart 340 was worst rated car in its class and my '73 Fiat (worst car i ever owned) was best in its class. two years later for used cars it wass reversed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts