Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
19,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to deliver a proposal to City Hall this afternoon, which I have done a number of times before. It used to be hellacious for me to walk there from the closest parking spots, usually only about a block and a half. It's a moderate uphill walk, which always made it that much more difficult for me. Today, I passed up the closest spot (handicapped, for which I have a permit) and drove into the El Presidio historic district and parked about three blocks away. I actually enjoyed the walk to City Hall! It's been raining lightly all day after a big storm yesterday afternoon and the temperature is only about 80 degrees so it's lovely. I had no problems, no pain, and I'm ready to go walk some more. ::

·
Registered
6,911 Posts
Im very glad......the ability to be active has the potential to impact a person's life very positively!!

·
Registered
391 Posts
You get a trophy for being an obedient patient and a hard worker.

Isn't it amazing how being able to do the the "simple" things in life are absolutely wonderful after being denied them for a while. I'm looking forward to the day when my leg quits swelling as a result of the blot clot I had last October.

Now take it easy and build your strength back to the level it was before all this took place. One "Trouble" at a time is enough.

-BS

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Laurie,
That's GREAT to hear! I'm familiar with the pain of simple moving around these days. I'm not going thru the same thing you are, but I've got 3 herniated discs that have impeded my quite a bit lately. Hopefully once I finish the steroid injections I'll be able to be as good of a patient as you and get moving again. Keep it up, it's always a good motivator to see someone progress like you have.
Gregg

·
Registered
437 Posts
Glad to hear it Laurie. I know what you mean about the weather, it was 90 up here today and I almost felt like putting on a sweatshirt. We didnt get much rain, but had front seat tickets to an awesome light show.

·
Administrator
19,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh, you bet! Now I just have to worry about my Mustangs. ::

·
Administrator
19,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ouch, that really sounds painful! I hope you get better soon, back pain has to be the worst of all. :(

G

·
0 Posts
Glad to hear every thing is going good for you. I got some news the other day where I'm going to have to get my artifical hip I had done in Sept 02 redone. It never has been right since the surgery. I was hoping it was one of the Sulzer artifical hips that were recalled. Sulzer has agreed to pay each patient with their artifical hips $200,000.00 due to a class action civil lawsuit. I was hoping that if I had to go through it again I could at least get paid for it. But of course I'm not that lucky, my hip was a different brand. Still hoping to meet you in Augusta. Take care.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts