Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok. SWMBO said I could put one of those Aussie shakers on my 73 vert," IF" always an IF, I sell what I have for the RamAir i have now, which is everything but the flapper boxes. What do you think, how would it look on a 73 Vert. Here is the Link to my car. www.folksites.com/TFOB take a look and let me know. It would be with the NASA hood. If any of you have apicture of a 71 - 73 with a shaker I would like to see it. Please let me know what you think.
Thanks again.
Oh by the way, I am going to go with the Road Demon.

73 351C C6 3.25 T-lock
Mustangs are great,
But nothing is Greater than GOD.
http://www.folksite.com/TFOB

·
Registered
10,287 Posts
You asked :)

I would not put a shaker on it. They look great with the factory ram air already.

Paul
1965 Mustang 2+2
1989 Mustang GT Convertible
MCA #27261
MCA certified judge for 65's and late models

G

·
0 Posts
How is that not a good idea? Let me count the ways:

1. Sawing a big hole in a perfectly good NASA hood will get you the doofus award for life. That's a very valuable hood that would be junk once cut.

2. You've already got the ram air scoops in your hood, to put a shaker into a NASA hood is kind of like having double doors on the front of your house, and then figuring you really need to put in a third just for good measure. Too many scoops, unless you're Mad Max.

3. See #1.

Shakers are super cool, but please don't butcher a NASA hood. We'll all cry.

G

·
0 Posts
You sound like Mark Farner man! I like it!! As one of your VMF brothers, I say stick with the stock ram-air look. It's the best look of the bunch.

70 Mach 1 (351C 4V 4-speed) I've been restoring since '96. 95% complete. Also have a '68 HT (289 2-speed) that I restored between '97-98 and is FOR SALE! The VMF has proven to be an invaluable resource for information, humor and excellent advice.

G

·
0 Posts
1Fine69 - That was funny! BTW, I just checked out your '73 convertible - It looks great as is! Don't cut up the hood. You'll never forgive yourself.

70 Mach 1 (351C 4V 4-speed) I've been restoring since '96. 95% complete. Also have a '68 HT (289 2-speed) that I restored between '97-98 and is FOR SALE! The VMF has proven to be an invaluable resource for information, humor and excellent advice.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
YEAH!!!! You should definitely do it, then give me all your ram-air parts for safe keeping until you sell them!!! Tell you what, I'll even install them on MY car, so prospective buyers can, you know, test it out. Really though, I love the 71-73 ram air setups, hehe my g/f said my car looked mean coming down the road. I'd personally stick w/ what you have and get a set of the repop flappers, but I'm biased /forums/images/icons/wink.gif.

-Jason

'72 Mach 1 || '90 Talon TSi AWD
http://nosaj122081.tripod.com/parade3.jpg
"Thats not a leak, my car's marking its territory!"
"If you've done it, it ain't braggin'." -Roy Rogers

·
Banned
4,577 Posts
Ditto, Don't do it!

Doug

[color:red]VMF Exchange Board</font color=red>
http://members.spree.com/entertainment/whizco/owner/dwhisenant/66tl2.jpg
[color:blue]My Mustang is Camera Shy</font color=blue>/forums/images/icons/blush.gif

G

·
0 Posts
OMG!!
What an Awesome Car you have!!! I would LOVE to have that car. It is 1 sweet ride. I am a Lover of the Shaker scoop... so much so that I installed one of the Aussie units in my '70. But Your car looks great without it, and IMHO it just doesn't fit the "look" of that bodystyle. Keep what you have.

The NASA hood rocks also.

Full Throttle
http://homepages.go.com/~ful_throttle/fullthrottle.gif

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Tony,
Back around August I sent you pictures of my shaker w/the Torino/Ranchero scoop. You wanted ram air at that time and since I've gotten to know you better, have been a guest at your web-site and having seen pictures of your car, I now withdraw my offer of my shaker and I even have the hood with the cutout.*G* I mean that in the best possible way. Stay the way you're going now.

'67 A-Code Coupe
'68 C-Code Coupe (SWMBO's)
'86 SVO 1D
'86 SVO 2A
[email][email protected] [/Email]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts