Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No this isnt goin gin a mustang but it is ford related so I hope you guys could help me out. I have a cube limit of 520 IIRC and cannot run a power adder like a blower or nitrous but can run dual carbs. I planed on a aluminum ford block with blue thunder heads with chevy exaust ports(because they flow better)I dont know what intake or anything else to get to make this much power. I need it to run at 8 grand on alcohol. what I am asking is waht is the best way to make big power with a 460. thanx

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Your in luck! I've been racing 460's for 25 years & have extensive experience with Blue Thunder heads. E-mail me & we can discuss your needs & where you can get the parts. My little 466 with a .564 lift roller makes almost 700 dyno HP... we can work this out & you'll be kicking ass before you know it!
http://www.tulsahotrods.com/

·
Registered
6,911 Posts
for 2Hp per cubic inch and no blower/nitrous, a GOOD head porter is going to have to be involved, including cam choice

·
Registered
10,587 Posts
Ya need a race car to put it in??

hehehe

Nice blank sides ready for sponsors...

Most likely you're turning but it was worth a try anyway...... I would think that any of the Pro Stock engine builders could help....they make 1400 hp on gasoline with 500 inches....of course that's a quarter mile at a time though *G*

Good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts