Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1964 1/2 Convertible - 260 V8 C4 Automatic, Power Top, Console, 4 Wheel Drums
2,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a 6 cylinder rear end from an old Ford that they want to get rid of?

I know people upgrade to 5 lugs all the time, so I was hoping to find one of these old Ford 4 lug rear ends that is just laying around somewhere nearby...

Thanks!

-Zim

G

·
Zim,
I have one laying arund in nice shape but obviously the freight would kill you. What does your rear end need? I will assume the housing is fine so just gears? I will pull whatever you need and ship it to you. LMK

·
Banned
1,706 Posts
Same here. Got one...located in Hickory, NC

·
Premium Member
2,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ring and pinion are shot in my 6 cylinder Ranchero.

I am not really interested in trying to rebuild it though - too hard for a novice like me to get it shimmed correctly I think...

So I am looking locally for a complete unit I can just bolt in.

I do have another one laying here - but the brake drum is frozen on one end. If I can get it off, I might not need anything... just figured I'd get the word out and see what happens...

Thanks for chiming in though!

-Zim

·
Registered
696 Posts
Hey Zim:

Saw this today and thought of you...

Nice Ranchero on eBay

Saw your latest pics on your site - sounds like you are making progress - good luck with finding the rear end parts....

·
Registered
84 Posts
Zim,
I have one, it came out of my mustang with only 46,000 miles. Give me a call I'm in Oak Forest, about 30-45 minutes from you. Mike 708-774-2881

·
Premium Member
2,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Mike.

I just got an offer to come pick one up Sunday in
Crystal Lake. I accepted.

If something falls though - or it turns out to be
junk, I will let you know.

Thanks!

-Zim