Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a '66 Mustang COUPE that was born in color code 4 - Silver Frost - exterior paint to purchase. Black interior, as well as either an A or C code 289 engine. Prefer a car with no vinyl roof. Would like to find a car that runs and drives, non-rust bucket, and could even be an older restoration - just would like a solid, decent car to work with. Appreciate any leads or help you could provide in locating one. Thanks, Steve L.

·
Premium Member
4,036 Posts
What part of the world are you in?

·
Premium Member
4,036 Posts

·
Dimples
4,702 Posts
Can’t back this up with production numbers, but I’ve always heard that Silver Frost was a relatively rare color. Can you imagine that these days? Silver being rare? Crazy.

I’ll take one with red interior please.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Can’t back this up with production numbers, but I’ve always heard that Silver Frost was a relatively rare color. Can you imagine that these days? Silver being rare? Crazy.

I’ll take one with red interior please.
I think in Kevin Marti's book it shows that Silver Frost on a '67 was about 3-4% of the total Mustang build, so I'd assume '66 was about the same. There was one that sold recently in Reno that I would have liked to seen in person and inspected, but wasn't too keen about riding in an airliner for 4 hours in this Covid climate.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
When you are going to be that specific on a car that is 55 years old you will most likely look for years.

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Had a 66 silver frost fastback with black interior and 3 speed. They are out there. Even a small percentage equates to 1000's of cars. Keep looking and good luck! Jack

1 - 11 of 11 Posts