Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Why not a small block?
that was the original plan, I have a 289 and toploader waiting for work :lol: but there's way too much involved... the 2.8L is basically a bolt on, with a kit.
Do you want to sell the 289 and toploader.......to me! :p
Mike.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Hi all, I need the drivers side shock tower bracket, the piece that the lower control arm and the motor mounts attach to.(rust free of course) :p Mine is workable but, I figure as it's apart I should do it right. Can't find a vendor that sells just this part. It comes included with the shock tower but no one will separate. :(
Mike.

Paul, I will think about the toploader. T5 is looking better also.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Hi,I am looking for weatherstripping for a '67 fastback.Need pieces around doors,the roof rail pieces and window fuzzies,front windshield and rear window also.Prefer NOS pieces.Also looking for the small brushed aluminum dash piece that goes above the radio either very good original or NOS.Probably lots of other parts needed also that are not coming to mind.Thanks....Greg.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Hi all, I need the drivers side shock tower bracket, the piece that the lower control arm and the motor mounts attach to.(rust free of course) :p Mine is workable but, I figure as it's apart I should do it right. Can't find a vendor that sells just this part. It comes included with the shock tower but no one will separate. :(
Mike.
Got one...... :winkgrin:
Mike.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
If you are looking for a 289, about 300-350 horse, newly pro done, and a 4 speed toploader I have a setup sitting here.I had it built for my 65 FB but sold the car with the engine that was in it.This engine has a bit over $3000 in it, lab and parts..Boss pan, HP oil pump, Boss windage tray, 1967 block, bored , flattops, 351rv cam, torquer HR, 302 heads..the Cobra built by Ford ones, Also have a stock 289 that has all new parts but should be checked out, might need a bit more work on the pistons..Just put in stocks and it may need a bore job.4 speed was redone and run for a few days on a track, no problems with it at all..changed the car over to an auto.
I want $4500 for the complete setup, engine, bell houseing, clutch, PP, trans, clutch setup, pedels, z bar..the works.
May be heading out your way this summer so might even be able to get it closer to you.
Let me know
Don

·
Registered
12,041 Posts
Two things.. One, would anyone within an hour or something have just 2 of those dang little flat carriage bolts that slide into the top of the shock tower for the shock tower caps to bolt two? I have 4, and it's really pissing me off.. :D

2nd, larger request. Looking for a 5.0EFI and T5, or more preferably, a complete 5.0 donor car.. Pretty beat up obviously, as I don't want a driver.

Thanks

·
Registered
12,041 Posts
Oh man, if you wouldn't mind, that would be great! I could finally get all this front suspension in.. How's your schedule looking? ;)

·
Registered
12,041 Posts
Hey, don't suppose you have that stupid little flange that goes behind the rotor and in front of the dust shield? Triangular with a 3" hole in it? Name your price! :D

·
Registered
383 Posts
JohnnyK said:
Hey, don't suppose you have that stupid little flange that goes behind the rotor and in front of the dust shield? Triangular with a 3" hole in it? Name your price! :D
Hey, been away for a few days. If the flange is metal, it would be....toast. On the bolts, just e-mail a shipping address and I will send them to you. Next time you see me, you can buy me a beer....or water, depends on the time of day. :p
Mike.

·
Registered
383 Posts
JohnnyK said:
How about I pick them up, and drop off a 6 pack? ;)
No, I don't want anything.....I was just kidding. Kind of a long drive for just a couple of bolts. If you want to, no problem though. I was at a ball tourney all day today. Tomorrow will be at my annual club meeting/swap/show for most of the day. I'm off for the next three weeks, so, anytime after tomorrow. Or, I can mail them. Let me know.
Mike.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts