Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a pair of vinyl door mounted storage compartment pouches .Seldom seen accessory mounts to the doors with snaps
C3RZ-6220130-A .If you have a set or any leads please contact me.Thanks

·
Registered
765 Posts
Nice pic. - wonder where you got that ;-)

Good luck with your hunt.

/Paul

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
PHW .You have the best reference material and Dave Hammar as well .I have located virtually every piece /accessory to do a fully optioned car this is the last piece on my list.I live in Washington State and have located a fellow approx 300 miles away in Oregon that has a pair on his car I just need to visit him to get patterns to reproduce a pair.I hope you dont mind me "borrowing" your pic but without it most people I talk to do not have a clue as to what I am talking about.I love your site one of my favorites for reference or anyone else looking for a list of options.I am keeping my fingers crossed that a pair will surface.

·
Registered
765 Posts
I dont mind at all - thanks for the kind words.

As you probably know, the storage things, were not just for Mustangs, but a universal accessory, also available through JC. Whitney and other vendors, which means they shouldnt be that rare, but for some reason they are. It took me a long time to find mine too.

Try this eBay seller machemi items - Get great deals on Parts Accessories items on eBay Motors! . I'm pretty sure he listed a pair not that long ago, but if they sold.......

Another option is calling Bob Perkins or the owner of "Mustang Shop of Concord" (Mustang Shop of Concord • Specializing in Parts, Service, & Restorations of Mustangs & Shelbys Concord, North Carolina).

Nothing comes cheap from any of those guys, though :)

Good luck.

/Paul

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Yes, some pictures please. I have never seen this option in a mustang or on any car. I had a 65 Ford pick up with the door pockets. They had plastic box's inside the doors, drains and zipper flaps. Made for a great pair of ice chests. Brian

·
Registered
9,022 Posts
Why? They were terribly ugly.... Not to mention, You destroy the door panel upon installation...

I guess that you want to make your Mustang interior more like a Mopar interior.. They looked like what is on the door panels of a '68-'70 Dodge Charger. Typical for a Mopar, Not for a mustang.. lol..

If you look closely on the 4th picture on this thread, You can see it installed on the bottom of the passenger side door.. It takes away from the clean design of the interior IMHO... If you need storage...Buy a console instead..original or aftermarket....Better money well spent IMHO...to each his own..

http://forums.vintage-mustang.com/vintage-mustang-gallery/671769-crazy-highly-optioned-1966-coupe.html

Tony K.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Oh wow, that is awful. I saw the pictures in the "Crazy High Optioned" thread before, but I thought those were an Autozone item! Had no idea they were a genuine period accessory.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts