Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
1964 1/2 Convertible - 260 V8 C4 Automatic, Power Top, Console, 4 Wheel Drums
2,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy all.

I am hoping to set up a little bit of a different meeting for this next one.

Instead of just meeting at a cruise night - maybe we could meet somewhere else
and then *drive* to a cruise night somewhere... creating a fun parade of Mustangs
along the way.

Any suggestions on where to start and where to end?

Please keep in mind that I would like to participate - and dont really trust my car
to go for a *very* long drive. Lets keep it down to a half hour ride or so. Perhaps
this will help some others with less-than-finished car participate too.

Suggestions?

-Zim

·
Registered
327 Posts
well, unfortunately, right now my car is not drivable out of the garage. It would be fun to ride along with someone though.

·
Premium Member
971 Posts
I think a caravan of Mustangs would be a cool idea. It seems most cruise spots are filling up with cars so very quickly and early with cars lately. It would be hard to find a place to park our 'Stangs if we meet first, and then drive to a spot. Maybe we should do the reverse as an idea. Rolling Meadows McDs on Friday night or Crystal Lake on Thurs may be an idea. I hate the construction going to crystal lake, though. Not very vintage car friendly.

Troy

·
Registered
850 Posts
I'm game for most venues..... what if we pick a smaller cruis night to go to instead of one of the large ones where there's no place left to park. I heard roselle has there's on Friday at rt20 and roselle/bloomingdale rd. but not positive of the day.

Close for some far for others, it seems we're all scattered. Could meet at say 355 & rt 64 then cruise over... there's a big menards on old 53 off rt64 just behind 355 to start at.

who else has a small show? Sat or Sun work better for those who don't have to rush home during the week. Addison is on Sundays. I couldn't find the Palatine show this friday thought, drove all over just couldn't locate it.

·
Premium Member
971 Posts
Mach1,

Are you referring to the Rolling Meadows cruise on Friday? I wasn't aware of a Palatine cruise. I live in Palatine, and the RM cruise is only a few minutes away at the McDonalds on Kirchoff - near 53.

·
Registered
850 Posts
could be, but somebody said it was on euclid 1 mile west of 53, but I couldn't find anything. I'm trying to get to different shows instead of the same ones all the time. Isn't the arlington hgts show over that way or am I confusing it with the rolling meadows show?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Since my car is in the garage, basement and family room all I can do is watch/forums/images/icons/frown.gif

·
Registered
327 Posts
The cruise in Rolling Meadows is on Friday Nights about one mile east of 53 on kirchoff. I used to live on Euclid. I drove by that cruise many times, but I never stopped. There's nothing on Euclid west of 53.

G

·
0 Posts
For small cruise spots, although just as far as crystal lake.. There's a place called Scooby's in Algonquin, on Rt 31.. Every tuesday night from 6 to 9 they have a small show. Usually it's dominated by bow-ties so I've noticed, it would be pretty sweet to arrive there in a convoy.. hehe

1 - 10 of 10 Posts