Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,561 Posts
Are you looking for a used pad?

I can’t imagine anyone getting rid of a used pad that looked nice.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I have seen a couple. Not really wanting to pay 2 grand for one. Yes $2000 is what they ask me.

·
Super Moderator
9,561 Posts
I have seen a couple. Not really wanting to pay over 2 grand for one.
What’s a $2,000 dash pad look like?!

·
Registered
393 Posts
What’s a $2,000 dash pad look like?!
Over 2 grand???? For a dash pad?!? What drugs have you been using? You can get a new one for less than $200!?!? Am I missing something!?!?
It’s not often that I laugh out loud while reading VMF, but both of you guys got me on this one, and like y’all, when I read the OP, I never even seen it coming!

·
Super Moderator
9,561 Posts

·
Premium Member
806 Posts
In all fairness, he may be looking for a good original pad for a concours restoration and I think that $2k is probably the ball park for an excellent condition original.

I really was thinking of trying for a concours restoration and gave up on that idea when I started researching the prices. Plus, I want something that can be reliably driven. I guess I won’t be able to technically call mine a “restoration “.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I'm with Knapper, email address says it all....ASOHC427. And Knapper, I'm with you. Had lofty goals when I started my '68 (have been told 'anal' might be a good self description) but reality has made me re-prioritize - e.g., a dash pad - and God forbid I throw anything away anymore.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Going in a very nice 68 428 Mustang. Not playing here. serious buyer for a really good black pad. No repops on this car. Thanks for all the comments. LOL

1 - 11 of 11 Posts