Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm driving around to jobsites on Friday and get a call from the manager of the Chevy dealer I do business with. He says he's got an '03 Z06 Vette that he really wants to sell before the end of this month and wanted to know if I wanted to try it out. I said "yeah, why not?" since I was in the area. Boy what a mistake that was. This thing was incredible, faster than my Mach, unbelievable handling. He chuckled when I pulled back into the dealership, I said " good job, you just sold it before the end of the month" Anyway, I picked it up Friday night and have already put 450 miles on it. I can't stop driving it. My hat is off to Chevy on this one, I've never driven a car as good as this. That will teach me to test drive it.
:) http://www2.freepichosting.com/Images/63167/1.jpg

·
Registered
846 Posts
Tee hee hee, you've not sat in the seat of the new GT 40 then! makes that Vette feel like a rice burner!

·
Registered
496 Posts
Aren't you worried about the two of them fighting at night when they're alone in the garage? Hey, lots of luck and enjoy it! I'm sure the GT40 will be great, but it's twice the price.

·
Just some guy
67 coupe, 69 Sportsroof, 86 hatchback
20,855 Posts
Blame it on Midlife, he keeps "test driving" GM's for some reason. It must be catching.
OK, I'm a Ford guy. But yep, you've got a real nice car there!

·
Registered
698 Posts
I hope you are good friends with the service manager. You will get to know him very well. A buddy of mine is a service manager at a local chevy dealership, and his love for Vettes has disappeared since he began working there. They get electrical gremlins before 10K, and have all kinds of fit and finish issues. Hope it doesn't happen to yours, but go to your dealership and watch how many Vettes are in the service bays.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
those are a hell of a car..but being a mustang guy , id have to say you could have gotten an 03 corba for almost half the price and it offers as much handling and acceleration as the Zo6, and you also stay true as a ford elitist lol . i know a young fellow who has a 475HP black 03 cobra. and there is NO possible way you could ever keep your head off of that headrest when he getsinto it... it absolutly explodes. all he did to achieve that power was put a full exhaust with headers , a chip, and an aftermarket air cleaner. these new cars are AMAZING in terms of what they can do, Z06, or the cobra. theyd just blow away a big block car from yesteryear on the street and even the strip with their traction control and technology. GOD, i WISH i could afford something like that to play with !

·
Registered
224 Posts
The real danger is that you get used to taking exit ramps at 80mph in the Vette. Next time you're driving the family minvan and forget...until your wife starts screaming!

30+ years of technology, ain't it great.

·
Registered
655 Posts
That's one hell of a ride!! :eek: Enjoy it!!

·
Registered
7,983 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts